Smoking weed everyday - is it a crutch or totally healthy?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by engadine, Jun 17, 2012.

1. #61 blackleaf28, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
    [quote name='"markhener"']
    You must be from Toronto. Listen up people weed doesn't have to make you lazy. They're are plenty of strains (sativa) you can vape to be healthier and feel energized and wanna go on a mountain hike. Marijuana helps you access the from part of your brain that deals with thought and emotion. The same area highly affected by fluoride. Also research proves that THC helps brain cell formation in the hipp.... Look up the study from the university of Saskatoon. It has so many medicinal benefits. But smoking it isn't for everyone. However, the more you use cannabis the more the parts that stay in the high are quite good if you ask me.[/quote]

im from the us of a.. And if you believe a mind altering substance makes you more of a person youre retarded. I love weed but if you kid yourself into believing it makes you more thoughtful or emotional youre a lazy moron who hasnt put in the effort to see those feelings the way we were born to see them. Recreationallly being high 24 hours a day is a cop out from life. If you cant be man or woman enough to see reality without a drug induced lens, thats your own problem. I weigh the cons with the pros and decide its worth it in moderation, but if you believe it betters you as a human youre just too lazy to go to a therapist

meditate on some feelings and youll get a clearer picture of life than if you try to smoke your problems away

2. Dude your drinking has been proven to be poised with fluoride like how it started in the nazi camps. It is known to cause anxiety and depression along with making you slowly stupid (not you personally the subject using fluoride. People need to realize its side affects and marijuana undoes some of those side affects. If you look into the research it does show that cannabis is a thing we should have. Now smoking all day isn't the best way. Plain and simple ye human body works better while on having all the thc, CBD, and CBN in ya.

3. #63 jas43, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
    [quote name='"l James l"']That's why i cut down from vaporizing 2.5g+ a day to .2-.4

You honestly get a lot more out of your day.[/quote]

^I feel like i wrote this haha.

Its true though. As much as i love my Da Buddha Vape, they allow you to get super baked super easily. Almost too easily, and thats what makes it a good/bad thing.

I used to vape about 1.5-2+ grams a day for probably 3 years straight, and that became "normal" for me. It was an incredibly euphoric "normal" but a break was due.

Money was never a factor with the bud since i have a few grower buddies and get retarted cheap deals on ridiculous dank... but that also lead me to having a massive tolerance.

I think im still kinda battling or getting over this state of "normal" that ive vaped myself into but its not all negative.

Good thread!

4. #64 blackleaf28, Jun 27, 2012
    [quote name='"markhener"']Dude your drinking has been proven to be poised with fluoride like how it started in the nazi camps. It is known to cause anxiety and depression along with making you slowly stupid (not you personally the subject using fluoride. People need to realize its side affects and marijuana undoes some of those side affects. If you look into the research it does show that cannabis is a thing we should have. Now smoking all day isn't the best way. Plain and simple ye human body works better while on having all the thc, CBD, and CBN in ya.[/quote]

well, clearly ^ thats proof that the paranoia and general lack of capable deductive reasoning have caught up with you. Or maybe i missed the article in Scientific American that mentioned how weed is a cure-all that also purifies your body of nazi water poison. Did your dealer tell you that?

what research (conducted by a nonsmoker) states that everyone should be high all the time? Id be interested to see that study

also i love how all the side effects you listed that come from drinking our 'water' are actually documented side effects of continuous use of weed.

really dude, how much do you smoke in a day

5. #65 engadine, Jun 27, 2012
    I really wish you guys would shut up, your ruining the good vibes that this thread should be radiating.

0 Tolerance for disrespect..
    shutup...seriously...Its a public forum..
    all can express their views..

~YODA

6. #66 blackleaf28, Jun 27, 2012
    [quote name='"engadine"']I really wish you guys would shut up, your ruining the good vibes that this thread should be radiating.[/quote]

the point of the thread is to discuss the actual point of the thread

if you want loveylovey fun time and no debates, go smoke a bowl and start a drum circle somwhere

edit: better yet, start a new thread called "loveylovey funtimes, no debates allowed!"
    then people will HAVE to post only about their good vibes, or run the risk of thread irrelevance..

7. Take your childish reasoning to the PBS forums.

8. What part of the philosophy section did you guys not understand exactly?

9. #69 blackleaf28, Jun 27, 2012
    [quote name='"engadine"']What part of the philosophy section did you guys not understand exactly?[/quote]

philosophy in its very essence is a never ending debate. And is not about good vibes supdudeman or about touting 'zero tolerance for disrespect' in the same sentence as telling people to shut up (lol)

if you get into college, try taking a philosophy course.. Its relatively interesting stuff

10. #70 markhener, Jun 27, 2012
    [quote name='"blackleaf28"']

well, clearly ^ thats proof that the paranoia and general lack of capable deductive reasoning have caught up with you. Or maybe i missed the article in Scientific American that mentioned how weed is a cure-all that also purifies your body of nazi water poison. Did your dealer tell you that?

what research (conducted by a nonsmoker) states that everyone should be high all the time? Id be interested to see that study

also i love how all the side effects you listed that come from drinking our 'water' are actually documented side effects of continuous use of weed.

really dude, how much do you smoke in a day[/quote]

Many facts revolve around what I'm saying not trying to start a flame war just show you the facts.

Here's the tip of the iceberg of fluoride.
    http://naturalsociety.com/breaking-fluoride-linked-to-1-cause-of-death-in-new-research/

Here shows what cannbinoids are.(synthetic versions have been linked to deaths)
    http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2009/08/19/cannabinoids-for-treating-cancer/

Side effects of continued use of cannabis.(ask any long time stoner the answer to this question, even Rick Simpson claims his oil has rejuvenating effects on vital organs)
    http://healthland.time.com/2011/07/...t-linked-with-long-term-cognitive-impairment/

Study showing the loss of life in newborns when substances substances such as cannabis and unmentionables are in their system from the mother. (Granny has a better link, by the way check her list out)

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1422.html

http://patients4medicalmarijuana.wo...do-better-more-suppressed-marijuana-research/

As for how much I go through just over a half ounce a week. Depends on the strain really. My grandmother Will smoke either a joint at night about an hour before bed or pop a brownie at dinner everyday and I see no changes except for positives in her.

Gotta go been on the phone too much at work lol

11. Nah it wasn't me who wrote that, YODA evidently disapproves of me trying to keep my own thread on topic - might've been harshly worded fair enough I've had a lot on my mind today so my bad. But I just felt the replies were kinda not in line with why I had posted there, missing the point of philosophy. Getting hung up on numbers etc. It's chill though we all good.

12. Everyone has their crutches. As long as you're the one smoking the weed the weed isn't smoking you.

13. #73 blackleaf28, Jun 27, 2012
    [quote name='"markhener"']

Many facts revolve around what I'm saying not trying to start a flame war just show you the facts.

Here's the tip of the iceberg of fluoride.
    http://naturalsociety.com/breaking-fluoride-linked-to-1-cause-of-death-in-new-research/

Here shows what cannbinoids are.(synthetic versions have been linked to deaths)
    http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2009/08/19/cannabinoids-for-treating-cancer/

Side effects of continued use of cannabis.(ask any long time stoner the answer to this question, even Rick Simpson claims his oil has rejuvenating effects on vital organs)
    http://healthland.time.com/2011/07/19/study-marijuana-not-linked-with-long-term-cognitive-impairment/

Study showing the loss of life in newborns when substances substances such as cannabis and unmentionables are in their system from the mother. (Granny has a better link, by the way check her list out)

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1422.html

http://patients4medicalmarijuana.wordpress.com/2010/01/10/ganga-babies-do-better-more-suppressed-marijuana-research/

As for how much I go through just over a half ounce a week. Depends on the strain really. My grandmother Will smoke either a joint at night about an hour before bed or pop a brownie at dinner everyday and I see no changes except for positives in her.[/quote]

i know about the fluoride.. It is true but the side effects are exaggerated.Use water purifying tablets if youre worried about it

but my point is, in trying to cure stupidity caused by trace amounts of fluoride, by pumping huge volume of a mind altering drug into your body which causes short term memory loss, reduction of mental agility (in the longterm),and prevents your from seeing the world in full lucidity..
    youre assuring yourself a much larger decrease in intelligence and ability to retain information (i.e. Learn things) in the longrun

its like cutting your arm off to get rid of a rash. Hey look, the rash is gone! But.. Wait.. Shit..

anyway i know there are risks and still smoke cause i love to get high.. Smoke on man

14. I have been smoking everyday for over a year. I ask myself the same question, why? I go through the day and sometimes I feel like I have a cloudy mind. Like I am still coming down from my high. Does anyone else ever feel like that?

15. Don't ignore the signs anymore my friend, I genuinely believe this malaise is our consciousness reaching out and screaming for us to do something about our lives - weed makes the underlying vibes more noticable. Just try doing whatever you think you should for a week or two and see where it takes you.

16. #76 AfganiKush, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2012

Haha we both know that is a bit of a stretch. Our inner consciousness is screaming out?:rolleyes: I really get the feeling you come from a very uptight, strict family that strongly dissaproved of marijuana. Just seems like you feel a lot of guilt, ive felt the same long ago when i was a young. But thats the result of someone trying to make you feel guilty. Idk if thats your situation, but sometimes other people have much to big of an influence on our emotions.
    I feel like youve also chosen to highlight every negative and blow it up, while overlooking any positives from weed. Perhaps your views are such, because you have been sober for so long. Just trying to help you see weed for what it truely is, not a holy sacrament, and not some success/motivation/happiness killer that you seem to portray it as. Weed has its ups and downs, but when used properly the benefits outweight the downsides ten-fold. Perhaps we shouldnt look at weed as a crutch, but rather something that troubled people will often turn to as a crutch. But i would say when used properly and not abused(definitely situational) that it is not a crutch, but rather another thing to enjoy in life.
    Think what you like, smoke or be sober, either is fine. But please dont try to spread any negativite views about weed that cant be proven, the government does enough of that.
    Now i will start my day with a view dabs:smoking:, and be a functioning member of society, if ever there was such a thing.

17. Dunno man given that I told my parents yesterday that I smoke weed for spirtual reasons and they were both totally fine with it... I'd say your perceptions are pretty false man. Smoking will open up your mind if you let, I no longer believe in 5 senses. But rather an energy - the third eye, it's all the senses we think we have and more, rather than breaking it down, they are all one. Trying to understand what we see isn't the right way to go, I find I'm much more perceptive after these revelations - to the point where I pick up on good or bad vibes in people and react accordingly. I think there is a whole lot more truth to this energy thing than I realised.

18. How were any of my perceptions false, other than what i presumed was your family situation? Say what you like but you seem quick to lash out and dismiss my views for someone who mentioned following buddhism and the zen.(follower of the tao myself) I suppose ill stop trying to argue here, as you seem unreceptive to anything i say. :wave:

19. "Moderation is key to enjoying cannabis". We should all know our limits. If smoking everyday was too much for you, you probably just should have smoked less. I've definitely abused mj in the past so I can relate to most of what you said. I started getting paranoid about everything so I just had to slow it down a bit. I took a tbreak and now I don't smoke nearly as much as I used to. I notice I enjoy my highs much more now. So to answer your question Yes I believe weed is healthy when we know how to use it.

20. I don' think there is a right or wrong answer here, it depends on a large number of factors, like the person's willpower to control their habit, intelligence level, general disposition, lifestyle and living conditions, upbringing, education and much much more.

tHe LoNLy StOnR, says what I hear a lot of people who smoke daily and quit say - that they were hazy, and unclear while high, and just sort of out it/incoherent. Personally this does not happen for me, in fact it has rather the opposite effect. Before I smoked, weed, as long as I could remember as I child my mind would be going on overdrive constantly, I'd be thinking of 5 or 6 other things at the same time as what I was doing. When I would go to bed I would toss and turn for 2-3 hours because I could not stop thinking about - well - anything. I first smoked weed when I was 15 - between grade 8 and grade 9. I only smoked a tiny bit on the weekends with my buddies, and many weekends I wouldn't partake of it. I found I didn't like the taste/would cough a tremendous amount and so that deterred me (I know realize this is because we smoked trash bud). In grade 9 my smoking ramped up to one bowl every night at about 8 PM, and frequent smoking on the weekend at my buddies house.

After about 15 months of that in the middle of grade 10 I had the same thing you are having now happen to me. I was disinterested with stuff in general, and felt the weed was a crutch, and so I stopped for about 8-10 months.

Now what happened is quite simple, the problems I had as a child with over-active thoughts and not being able to sleep, returned after about 5 months of not smoking weed. And progressively got worse - I was smoking for so long that I had completely forgot about these problems at all. I eventually decided that smoking a little bit of weed, was better for my mental health than always having restless thought, and I don't want to turn to far more harmful - pharmaceutical drugs to alleviate the problem.

I started smoking daily - high grade bud only, and have been doing so for almost 5 years now. Many of my friends do the same, and aside from our smoking we have relatively productive lives.

More recently in the past 8 months I have developed a nagging back and neck problems, which only weed seems to help. This is due to the fact that I use the computer for my job, and essentially sit for far too many hours in a day. While I am doing other things to eliminate the issue, weed certainly helps.

So is it a crutch? It depends on your perspective. I say its simple. If smoking daily works for you, do it, if it stops working for you, stop. I have a friend who has 8 month breaks in between 2-3 months of heavy smoking. No one way is the right way. Choose what works for you.