Smoking weed everyday - is it a crutch or totally healthy?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by engadine, Jun 17, 2012.

1. I've read the entire thread and I'm just curious if you would mind elaborating on this life changing experience? Like, what happened? Were you just sitting around and something clicked or were you talking to someone/doing something? Im curious, I've heard similar stories before and I'd like to know what triggered this experience for you. Was it deep introspection? Therapy? Nonetheless good for you man sounds like a very positive experience.

2. #42 engadine, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012
    The zen book says it better than I ever could - I had thousands of tiny shifts in perspective and one day it just all fell into place once I started letting my feelings wash over me rather than fight them. I noticed a permanent headache and auras a few months ago when I started walking meditation - rather than fight it with pain pills, I just let it sit there. Eventually a huge weight lifted off my shoulders one morning...

- http://forum.grasscity.com/philosophy/1053775-living-present-reality.html#post14771949

I just tried to drop all perception and one day it clicked while sitting at the train station reflecting on how much had changed in my life for the better, and that I suddenly truly felt that my past lacked emotional substance to hold me back. Waves of joy went through my body and I felt my SPIRIT getting lifted - sensing years of blocked bad vibes simply leaving my body. :)

3. I just exercise, eat a good diet with vitamins and EFA's. I mainly keep my smoking to the evening, but I have been smoking everyday for 2-3 weeks now and 1 bong hit still gets me to where I wanna be. If I want a more intense high I'll do two hits. But my tolerance doesnt really go up much.

As for how much I spend on bud, it depends what I can afford. Normally I will get 6 g's for £50 and i'm able to make that last a month, getting high almost every night. If I can afford more, I will buy more, if I can't I may just get 2 g's for £20 and make that last. I don't see anything wrong with smoking 'all day err day' as long as you are doing as well in your life as you would sober.

4. I agree with op :/

5. This basically boils down to the fact that being high 24/7 makes you complacent and ok with doing nothing. Are you content to spend your life that way, or not? Im not, so im not always high. Some people are, and thats their choice

its not up for debate: smoking weed is not a healthy thing. Smoke in itself is very unhealthy. In addition, mind altering substances are very unhealthy. Some aspects of it are healthy, sure; like the pickles in a big mac. Dont eat big macs at every meal and youll be just fine. Use your adult discretion and decide whats best for you

6. Some people such as myself use marijuana for medicinal purposes, that require me to be high for most of my waking hours. I no longer smoke flowers, i vaporize butane hash oil and full melt water hashes. Most of my wax tests over 80% thc and has around 5% cbns and 5% cbds. So after accounting in plant waxes, theres maybe about 5% plant matter at most. Which im still vaping. Kinda beside the point but im saying there are ways to take out any physical dangers. (edibles and tinctures probably being the best)

Now, what about the mental problems? Thats where im a bit unsure to the effects of cannabis. Ive only been smoking for about 4.5 years(daily for 3-4 years) I used to smoke anywhere from 1.5-2 grams of top shelf flower a day, then switched to concentrates roughly 6 months ago. I have yet to notice any serious mental changes or issues. Not saying theyre not there or not going to happen, but i have honestly noticed no serious negatives. Lazyness and cost are the only downsides i can see, and neither have been a problem for me. I am able to attend college and smoke constantly, I managed a 3.75 gpa my first two semesters.

So im not going to deny that there certainly are some downsides to marijuana, but if you are responsible they are far surpassed by the benefits. :smoke: And not everyone finds themselves so content while high that they become complacent with their current way of life. Theres a few names that come to mind:smoking:

7. #47 blackleaf28, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2012
    [quote name='"AfganiKush"']

Some people such as myself use marijuana for medicinal purposes, that require me to be high for most of my waking hours. I no longer smoke flowers, i vaporize butane hash oil and full melt water hashes. Most of my wax tests over 80% thc and has around 5% cbns and 5% cbds. So after accounting in plant waxes, theres maybe about 5% plant matter at most. Which im still vaping. Kinda beside the point but im saying there are ways to take out any physical dangers. (edibles and tinctures probably being the best)

Now, what about the mental problems? Thats where im a bit unsure to the effects of cannabis. Ive only been smoking for about 4.5 years(daily for 3-4 years) I used to smoke anywhere from 1.5-2 grams of top shelf flower a day, then switched to concentrates roughly 6 months ago. I have yet to notice any serious mental changes or issues. Not saying theyre not there or not going to happen, but i have honestly noticed no serious negatives. Lazyness and cost are the only downsides i can see, and neither have been a problem for me. I am able to attend college and smoke constantly, I managed a 3.75 gpa my first two semesters.

So im not going to deny that there certainly are some downsides to marijuana, but if you are responsible they are far surpassed by the benefits. :smoke: And not everyone finds themselves so content while high that they become complacent with their current way of life. Theres a few names that come to mind:smoking:[/quote]

just to address three points:

op specified in his title, 'smoking' so i did too. I agree edibles and tinctures seem to be a much safer route and are my preferred method

and you cited laziness as a drawback; Thats my point. Im not saying its impossible to get things done if you set your mind to them, ive proved that wrong in various circumstances. But its the feeling of wanting to do things that is sometimes missing, i.e. Laziness

every chronic user experiences, to however small or large a degree, a certain amount of short term memory loss, frequent or rare paranoia, lessening of fully coherent thought, and general fogginess in the way they see the world. This much is fairly undebatable
    not to mention physical and psychological brain examinations in continuous users prove a decline in thought process and mental capabilities, and brain scans can show you the areas of the brain affected by the chronic chronic use

now i love pot; I just dont want to have any illusions about my treasured indulgence

all that said, pot has been proven to be one of the least harmful recreational (medicinal too) mind altering substances out there. I picked my poison, and as i use it with the (somewhat) discretion, and respect it deserves, i feel ok with my choice

8. I agree with everything you said to a point. I think most of us who partake are too quick to deny and dismiss any allegations of weed being harmful. You and i both know that there are undoubtedly side effects, but they are quite miniscule in comparison to other recreational and medicinal drugs' side effects.
    Imo there hasnt been enough scientifical research and experimentation for anyone to have emperical data about the side-effects of cannabis.

9. Just don't smoke every day if it's a crutch. Problem solved.

10. Werd moderation is key besides your life shouldn't revolve around marijuana but enhance it.

11. More people should read this post.

12. It's my multivitamin! Need it everyday to stay healthy. When I don't toke daily I get sick from working outdoors.

13. [quote name='"engadine"']

More people should read this post.[/quote]

saw it the first time you posted it..

14. [quote name='"blackleaf28"']

saw it the first time you posted it..[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. More people should read this post.

15. Very generalised and not true.

16. It just depends on how you look at the effects of what it does. But for the sake of this thread staying open, you guys shouldn't stray too far down this path because our discussion is limited to marijuana.

17. [quote name='"blackleaf28"']

just to address three points:

op specified in his title, 'smoking' so i did too. I agree edibles and tinctures seem to be a much safer route and are my preferred method

and you cited laziness as a drawback; Thats my point. Im not saying its impossible to get things done if you set your mind to them, ive proved that wrong in various circumstances. But its the feeling of wanting to do things that is sometimes missing, i.e. Laziness

every chronic user experiences, to however small or large a degree, a certain amount of short term memory loss, frequent or rare paranoia, lessening of fully coherent thought, and general fogginess in the way they see the world. This much is fairly undebatable
    not to mention physical and psychological brain examinations in continuous users prove a decline in thought process and mental capabilities, and brain scans can show you the areas of the brain affected by the chronic chronic use

now i love pot; I just dont want to have any illusions about my treasured indulgence

all that said, pot has been proven to be one of the least harmful recreational (medicinal too) mind altering substances out there. I picked my poison, and as i use it with the (somewhat) discretion, and respect it deserves, i feel ok with my choice[/quote]
    You must be from Toronto. Listen up people weed doesn't have to make you lazy. They're are plenty of strains (sativa) you can vape to be healthier and feel energized and wanna go on a mountain hike. Marijuana helps you access the from part of your brain that deals with thought and emotion. The same area highly affected by fluoride. Also research proves that THC helps brain cell formation in the hipp.... Look up the study from the university of Saskatoon. It has so many medicinal benefits. But smoking it isn't for everyone. However, the more you use cannabis the more the parts that stay in the high are quite good if you ask me.

18. That's why i cut down from vaporizing 2.5g+ a day to .2-.4

You honestly get a lot more out of your day.

19. I think it's completely healthy. It's only a crutch if you let it effect you in a negative way.

20. I used to be that dude that everyone talked about as being the biggest pothead. A year ago I took a 4 month break cuz like you OP I was getting bored of the same routine. I'm so glad I did....I think people who are high all day are missing out. You need that balance between high/sober

Nowadays I don't smoke nearly as much as I used to...back in the day I would kill an 8th in 2 or 3 days....now an 8th lasts me two weeks. I save a shitload of $$$ and I enjoy my highs more.