Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking weed = causing mental illness?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Daannnyp, May 25, 2016.

1. I am a 18 year old male and have been smoking since I was about 14 although when I did smoke at that age it wasn't constant like it is this year. I only really started smoking heavily this year and the last half of last year. I stopped for my whole freshman year and most of my sophomore year. I've had a history with panic attacks and anxiety since I was in 4th grade. But fourth grade was the only year I've had really severe anxiety and panic attacks and I think that only because there was a lot of stress in my life at that time , for example . I got burned in the face and had to the ER my grandma died and my mom was in the hospital because she had a cyst in her stomach . So that year was very bad for me and I think that's what caused my panic attacks . I also have a habit of self diagnosing from symptoms off of google and I could really freak myself out . all these anxiety symptoms resided until this year and last year .but not all of them surfaced . the only anxiety I have is public speaking . I recently purchased a wax pen and started smoking that every day after school . And even on the weekends. Well I caught the flu and stopped smoking for about 4 days . In those four days I had very bad depersonalization and self diagnosing. On the night I had a very bad fever I remember telling myself I don't want to die and then I fell asleep . When I woke up I thought I was dead and googled "am I dead" and of course all these things about reality jumps and quantum mechanics and the Mandela theory all freaked me out and I got really deal into these things . Their was this thread on Reddit about some guy who woke up and everyone was gone . So I started researching further and diagnosed myself with schizophrenia. Even though I didn't really have any symptoms of that it still freaked me out . so my question is , did weed cause this? Maybe I grew dependent and started freaking out when I didn't feel high? Or do I have a mental illness ? I really want to start smoking again but I'm just scared that I'll go through this all over again . Please help !!!! Any advice would be great ! My family has NO history of mental desieaes such as schizophrenia!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. How did u come to the conclusion that you have schizophrenia without any symptoms?

• Like Like x 4
  3. You're fine dude.

• Like Like x 2
  4. You are probably a hypochondriac.

• Like Like x 4
  5. You're young and over thinking things.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. Fuck dude reading this pissed me off not gonna lie. Calm the fuck down please. You are absolutely fine. You are being paranoid that somehow you have some horrible problem that simply doesn't exist. It's a placebo entirely. Take a break from smoking since it's clearly contributing to your paranoia. Educate yourself about the plant as well. Stop smoking for a while and if you decide you feel ready to smoke again take it very slow. Smoke just a tiny bit and go from there. The herb needs to be respected, if used properly it will enhance your life. If used improperly it's can cause some issues just like anything can. You are simply paranoid and experiencing a placebo.

Pull yourself together. It's just weed. People are dying right now because they don't even have clean water. You have the luxury of creating problems that the right mindset, use and knowledge of cannabis can prevent. This may sound harsh but this is coming from someone who used be paranoid like you. And it's the TRUTH that you need to hear. Take some time away from weed and focus on more important things.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Gotta love self diagnosis. I mean, we all do, but till, gotta love it.

9. You'll be aight.

10. Talk to a doctor....not us stoners

• Like Like x 2
  11. You have symptoms of spontaneous combustion disease

• Like Like x 1