Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking weed as a Muslim?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bhangii, Feb 9, 2012.

1. I decided to make this thread after I saw the other Christian thread.

I am a Muslim, obviously, that's why I'm posting this. Don't know how many other Muslims there are on this site?

I know that as Muslims, we are not supposed to use any substances that take us out of the 'right state of mind', ie intoxicants or anything that would make us do something bad that we would not do sober, so something like alcohol would definitely be a no, and that makes sense.

But weed? I'm not in the same state of mind when I smoke, but I'm in a better state of mind. I definitely don't think of it as an intoxicant and I definitely would not do anything stupid while high that I would not do otherwise. But I do a lot of great things when I'm high. I'm more easygoing, more talkative and likeable, and I'm better at my work, I do more school work and I study a lot of interesting poetry and philosophical stuff that I would never do otherwise. I listen to lots of music and I actually take the time to understand the lyrics and benefit from it.

So what do you guys think? Am I doing the right thing or am I doomed? Either way, I probably won't stop smoking because it is the single most beneficial thing I have ever used, but I would like to get some opinions.

2. religion topics are taboo. you say one thing and everyone takes offense to it. that being said if you enjoy being high and it makes you into a better person despite your beliefs saying you shouldnt you should still do it. it makes you a better person. how mad could your god be?

3. I'm muslim too and toke regularly.

4. #4 CJBB, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2012
    Who cares your religion is going to hell anyway

Disrespect is not allowed here. - KSR

5. #5 hellobob09, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
    I'm pretty sure your Imam would tell you it is wrong, and against Sharia Law.

That aside, in my opinion, you can tailor a religion to your lifestyle as long as you adhere to the moral and ethical requirements, most of the other requirements are just to keep stupid people "in-check."

Be proud to be Muslim, your Religion has a rich and honorable history.
    Just don't take Jihad to a violent level! :)

6. Did you know it says in the bible that you're not allowed to eat pork? But almost every catholic does. Christanity has a lot of similar rules as Islam, but Muslims are stricter about it. I'm not saying that's a bad thing (I'm not any religion btw, but I believe in god, Jesus, Mohammed, and some other aspects of other religions). I think because christianity is an older religion, the rules have been 'diluted' more, and people dot follow them. If I remember right, christanity is 500 years or so older than Islam, so in a few century's Islam might be a bit more lax on it's rules. Hope I didn't offend.

7. I love the islam community, great people. No im sure god would be fine with it really.

8. yeah people will take offense with stupid comments like this

not me tho.. im high as fuck and i could care less

fuck ignint mufuckas

9. [quote name='"CJBB"']Who cares your religion is going to hell anyway[/quote]

It's because of people like you that these topics are taboo. If people weren't ignorant or immature then people would probably reach a new level of understanding.

10. Your country is ignorant.

11. Every country is ignorant in some sense of the word, except maybe Switzerland..:D

12. yeah everytime theres a serious discussion u get a few flamers that get everyone pissed off..

personally i have no problems going to church.. even doing my own worship there.. i went to catholic private school for 12 years and i really think theres a lot to be learned from other religions/cultures

theres always a few nutcases in every religion, more so in is islam it looks like.. but that doesnt change who i am

13. and what country would that be? Islam is not a country bro

14. dude seriously gtfo

15. All I'm saying is, your religion states that any non-muslim person needs to be killed. Is it just me or is that a little fucked up? Oh and can't forget 9/11! Sweet ol' times huh boys? Remind me why we are in the middle east fighting a war? Oh yeah, Jihads!

16. Im on iPhone, I meant to say religion.

17. allah akbar and pass the bong

18. ignorance at its finest..

not even going to try to refute this..

19. i lol'd

20. I'm a Muslim and I toke,

Anything that takes you out of soberity or consious mind or effect your judgment is forbidden that's when it gets tricky because many of the things we do are just as bad so weed itself is not forbidden but it depends on the use and the way you deal with the high.

But then again this is just my view and It could be very very wrong.