Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking weed as a Christian..?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BroItUpDroItUp, Feb 9, 2012.

1. I think its fine dude.
    But one argument everyone saying is invalid...
    If god made every plant, (Which he did, he made everything).. what about cocaine and opiates? Shrooms? Peyote? -.- does god think its fine doing all these too? Dont get me wrong, I think its fine to smoke weed as a christian im sure god doesnt care.

2. God put you on this planet to make your own choices. Why would he make you question whether something is wrong or right? Even if it isn't right you wouldn't know, so why is that against you? You aren't harming the body the lord gave you, if anything you're making it more lively!

Weed made me closer to god if anything.

3. Im a christian i grew up in the church and was raised to believe weed was bad. from my own experience i think its fine smoking doesnt make you any less christian and shouldn't affect your beliefs. God put it on this earth so enjoy it!

4. #124 DaveTheZombie, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012

Cocaine and opiates are heavily processed by man before usually ingested into the human body-- so you aren't "doing something from God" in that case.

Shrooms and peyote... are up to each individual if you want to experience such wonders. Some enjoy mind expanding, others may not be ready for it and may not ever be ready. They're for some people and some people only.

I'm bias myself being anti-theist.. but cannabis is what made me one. I should warn you.. keep smoking weed and I bet you'll start to question all of your Christian faiths eventually. I know I did.

5. Gos gave us all the herbs of this earth, its not sinful to use what he gave us. Honestly people need stop making assumptions, stop listening to people preaching their own interpretations, sit down and read the bible for themselves.

6. Ugh, religions... Marijuana is natural, healthy, and your religion says GOD made everything. Marijuana was "made by him"... wink wink..

7. People chew the leaves of the plant cocaine is made of for energy and relieving altitude sickness. People add acid (usually battery acid) to the alkaline chemicals in the leaves to create cocaine.

Also why do you think it would be sinful to use mushrooms or any of the many other naturaly psychedelic substances on this planet? There are uses of each natural resource, we just need to find out what it is. If that happens to be mind expansion so be it. There are also people who use psychedelic drugs to deal with things in their life.

There is no where in the bible that would indicate chewing on some coca leaves of tripping on some mushrooms is sinful.

8. Live YOUR life how you want

9. My faith in God and my own Christianity (basically following the Bible) is the most important thing in my life, and I don't think smoking weed is a sin.

I don't really like the whole "God gave us all the plants!" because there are plants that you can consume that can MESS you up (look up Datura Stramonium), so there goes that. Then people say the sober minded and legality anti-arguments...I think "sober" refers to just making rational decisions, the word "sober" I don't think meant the same thing as it does today. And legality, the laws are definitely not in correlation with God/the Bible, (which is why I don't think underage drinking is bad, because you can change locations to Canada or another country and it's completely legal...if the law can be changed by something as simple as LOCATION, it should not give it reason to be a sin).

Basically if you can smoke responsibly and not do anything you wouldn't do sober, go against things in the Bible, (this is more of the argument I use with drinking, because I drink and have never done something I regret and never have my morals changed and I've had the room spinning and such lol) and weed isn't something known for changing your morals or anything, so I don't see anything wrong with it.

Unless you're smoking so much that it starts to become an idol that you prioritize ABOVE God and loving everyone around you (becoming secluded and not liking people or something) then it should be fine. I think it can be a GOOD thing on top of that, because you meet and socialize with people that probably AREN'T Christian, so you get the chance to talk to people, see where they're coming from, discuss what you believe, talk about the deep things that are so normal in a high conversation lol, and I don't think God would see anything wrong with that. Smoke with others and be an example to them to love and treat people better than you treat yourself, and they just might wonder why you have so much hope in the world and such.

(By the way, I in no means am trying to press my beliefs on anyone or have a problem with anybody elses different beliefs, just simply stating mine, and the philosophies that I live by and relating to the OP) :D

10. Ok now we're down to Srooms and Peyote.
    We can drop Srooms as they DO NOT have seeds, they reproduce with spoors, and therfore are not covered in the "seed bearing plants".

11. Think of Rastafari..it is a spiritual path very similar to Christianity..and cannabis is part of their core beliefs. So why not apply the same logic to traditional Christianity
    To put your mind at ease.
    The first plant to grow on King Soloman's grave was a cannabis plant.
    Ancient Hebrews would use "annointing oil" for various ceremonies. This annointing oil is thought to be hash oil since the term they use, "canna-busm", is thought to be the root for cannabis.
    In Jesus' time, Cannabis was an incredibly commonly used substance in the middle east.
    God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.…To you it will be for meat." … And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:29-31) The Bible predicts some herb's prohibition. "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times, some shall … speak lies in hypocrisy … commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. (Paul: 1 Timothy 4:1-3)

"I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more." (Ezekiel 34:29) A healing plant. On either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare 12 manner of fruits, and yielding her fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. (Revelations 22:1-2)

Even though I believe religion and pot go hand in hand, I wouldn't reveal your toking to your church. Many Christians, Southern Baptists especially (no offense intended to any southern baptists) have a long history of intolerance......

12. Clicked the link and saw this, "I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more." (Ezekiel 34:29)

They shall be no more consumed with hunger.. Really? :confused: Cuz weed sure as hell makes me hungry..

13. It still talks about being sober minded. What if God never wanted us to smoke it to get high and just wanted us to use it for food and hemp :eek:.

14. Answered your own question. Unless you're in Colordo and you eat edibles. Then you're fine. 'Cept the sober part.

U can't smoke, that's a definite no. Marijuana smoke contains carcinogens.

15. The Hebrew nation in Biblical times was a fleshly nation in need of laws written on tablets. They began as an illiterate, nomadic tribe who held primitive ideas about God. To me the bible should be less of a How-To guide to not go to hell and should be more used to study the foundation of the moral principles of an old (and dead) Civilisation. Don't take any scripture as "the word of god", I really hope its not.

16. And the whole " I give u every seed bearing fruit" etc is flawed bc many plants have evolved poisons to protect themselves, and you definitely don't want to be ingesting some of those. You wouldn't tell your kids, "Hey, go outside and eat whatever you want bc it's all good".
    The set of books you use to live your life by are against harming oneself, going against the government. It also talks about being sober so that just settles it. If you want to continue to follow you Christ you can't smoke psychoactives, disassociatives, stimulants, depressants, etc. Those all alter your perception & thought processes.

17. Fuck, 6 month old thread.