Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking weed as a Christian..?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BroItUpDroItUp, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Let's generalize more, shall we?

Why are you even asking this question? Getting high isn't sinful or immoral. I don't know of an preachers that get high but I've seen a preacher get drunk.

2. Hahaha going to church high.. that would be fun

3. wouldn't be boring for a change:rolleyes:

my mom used to try to pretend we were religous.. made me go to church when I was a kid..

4. I played drums in the worship band while I was going to youth group. its was awesome. I didnt go to church high and while I was going there, I was still living with my dad so I smoked every weekend or so. After I graduated high school I moved the fuck out of there!

Now I live with my mom and smoke just about daily :smoke:

5. The ONLY bad thing about weed from a Christian's perspective (me) is that smoking it is harmful and the Bible tells us that our body is a temple and not to hurt it, so if you vape or make edibles you're completely fine. I do smoke it tho, about to light up after this song :D

6. My Bible is the English Standard Version and mine reads a bit different. still the same point

"You cause the grass to grow for the livestock and plants for man to cultivate, that he may bring forth food from the earth"

:smoke:

7. Everyone has their own interpretations of the bible.

The old argument, "Well god put it on the Earth, it must be good!" Well, he put poisonous plants on the Earth too, or was Satan the one who put those "bad" things on the Earth? "Wait...so Satan put weed on the Earth so it must be bad!"

As you can see, those arguments get ridiculous. I'm Christian too and personally I find Mary to bring me closer to God, and to appreciate things in nature that he's made more fully and at a different perspective.

8. The bible tells you to stone gays, doesn't mean you have to do that.

9. Theres way too many religion threads about lately

+ Your a Christian, you believe that god created the world in 7 days right? He put everything here, marijuana much like an unmentionable has grown from the earth, he put them here, he clearly finds it acceptable
    Your only gunna live once so roll a fat L of endo and chill

10. I too am a christian, weekly church attender (not that that really means much). Ive put a lot of time into thinking and research. 3 main things come up.

The "pharmakeia" arguement which says some greek translation equates sorcery to that word which founded the english "pharmacy/pharmaceuticals" so they say drugs are sorcery. To me that isnt in specific at all about "mind altering" drugs but to all medications if that were true. (shamans and sorcery were associated with potions and medical cures other than simple prayer back in the day)

The verse "do not be drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery, but be filled with the holy spirit" people apply that to other intoxication. That speaks to me that, as we all know, alcohol leads to people doing immoral and stupid things (debauchery) but I have never experienced any stupidity and urge to do troublesome and embarrassing things under MJs influence.

The legality arguement. This is the only thing I see as wrong with MJ. Obviously its a sin to be involved in criminal activity/ illegality. Knowing the origin of marijuana laws and how much corruption fueled it into a banned substance, thats how I "justify" it. So you are doing an illegal thing which is a sin, but if you can deal with/ answer to that, your in the clear.

Hope i helped, :wave: please do not mention it/ be open with it to the church as it will be very frowned upon and will most likely completely ruin your reputation within the church and with its members. Most people especially christians are very against it in all forms. :(

11. The whole fact that you ask this, makes me believe that deep down you think it is wrong and you feel guilty for misleading your church family.

I am a Christian as well, but also uphold the belief that you should not let other people determine your relationship with God. In my opinion, if you feel convicted about smoking weed, you should evaluate your situation, pray about it, and go from there. Humans are sinners and no one person is any more holy than another, especially when considering all sins are equal in the eyes of God.

I was recently faced with a (somewhat) similar situation, which has resulted in me distancing myself from some people in my church. I was told by some members that I was making a mistake by dating a guy who was not part of our church. I felt that someone cannot be judged when he has never been met, and in turn I felt that I was judged by choosing to continue to spend time with this guy. When I took time away from everyone else's opinions, I realized that my beliefs are between me and God.

Therefore, if you deep down feel that is wrong, then it may be, but that is between you and God, not anyone else.

12. God gave us all plant bearing seed to use, the human brain is hardwired to receive THC, THCa, CBD's, and CBN's in fact, I thank God for cannabis. It was put here for us, we should embrace it. I'm not saying to go to Church high but dont feel guilty about partaking in the plant, its not nearly as evil as alc. is to your body.

13. religion shouldn't go as far as to mold your beliefs and practices.

wait, that's kind of an oxymoron, isn't it?

14. Have you guys considered becoming a rastafarian. Essentially Christians but with added weed.

15. Heres my take on it, marijuana makes me have more patience, it helps me to love all people and be kinder. Doesnt that sound like what you are supposed to strive for as a christian?

16. I think that's what you should strive for regardless of what religion you practice.

17. The only problem with it, I believe, is that it's against the law, which the Bible frowns upon.

Depending on if you have a medi card

18. I don't know the exact verse but it's something like "god gave us all the seeds and herbs to use"
    Oh and both my grandparents on my moms side are Christian and have been smoking since they were 18.

19. I don't think smoking weed is considered a sin in the bible so you're good to go.

20. #60 percul8r615, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2012
    [quote name='"Anthony777"']The only problem with it, I believe, is that it's against the law, which the Bible frowns upon.

Depending on if you have a medi card[/quote]

The bible frowns upon you breaking a law made by a group of fat wealthy crooked men? I think not bro, gods law> mans law