Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking weed as a Christian..?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BroItUpDroItUp, Feb 9, 2012.

1. So lets all smoke opium everyday

2. Is weed fine to smoke as a human? ......yes? Then it really doesn't matter what religion you are. it really doesn't.

3. when im high, i feel way more religious and i truly believe in god. but sober im skeptical-ish. and i also pay way more attention in church if im high.

so i would assume god would encourage me blazing.

4. It's fine pal, trust me; my parents are church FREAKS, 3 times a week they're at church, or doing something church related.. and their son smokes weed :)

5. Then why did you give us your qualifications as a fucking choir-boy if not to convince us of your undying Christianity? You're a troll.

6. AGREED. Just because others judge you for what you do, doesn't make it wrong. Make your decisions and follow your own judgement. If you feel that it's wrong, don't do it. And vice versa. Life is what you make it, don't let others impress their ideas upon you just because you're different.

7. Jesus, would not be named Jesus "Christ" if it had not been for cannabis. Christ in I believe Hebrew translates into "The anointed one". In Jesus' anointment recipe, 9 pounds of cannabis buds were mixed in and used to make the oil (Much like cannabis-oil, only with a few more ingredients). This oil was then rubbed onto his hands and feet during a ceremony. Go Ganja! :smoke:

8. People wrote the book on Christianity. They have no clue what God wants. Your guess is as good as anyones. Smoke up.

9. I think the word "sober" in this context means to have a clear head, don't let emotions change your thoughts. That kind of thing. Not "Don't get drunk like Wine-o Jesus over there".

I think the whole "You can't do illegal stuff as Christian" is bullshit lies society came up with.
    Laws we follow today were made by MAN not GOD. Therefore, breaking a manmade law is not going against the bible.

The Bible was written before the prohibition of Marijuana. As far as I know, US Laws are not in the Bible.

It's just like an old Catholic Lady who just got an a car accident calling the other guy a sinner.
    Doesn't make sense. There were no cars around in Jesus times. Getting in a car accident doesn't make you a sinner.

You can smoke weed.

10. I found this part helpful

holy anointing oil, as described in the original Hebrew version of the recipe in Exodus (30:22-23), contained over six pounds of kaneh-bosem, a substance identified by respected etymologists, linguists, anthropologists, botanists and other researchers as cannabis, extracted into about six quarts of olive oil, along with a variety of other fragrant herbs. The ancient anointed ones were literally drenched in this potent mixture.

I say as long as its not consuming your life.....(Weed before God) its all good no doubt your Minister is 200 pounds overweight suggesting there is something wrong in his life overeating is the same as being drunk or high....cause it is defiling the temple......weed helps the body and mind. God I believe made it so we can help our selves mentally and physically.......It was satan who came along and put greed in mans heart and deceived him into outlawing this God made herb and called it the devils own.

11. [quote name='"smr312"']im atheist but really if i was God i dont think id punish people for smoking a plant i put on the earth.[/quote]

Your atheist so you wouldn't know about the little story of Adam and Eve. Basically same story, except for the smoking part, and that you can blame the fault on women for being so greedy.

12. Bible says take for every seed bearing fruit and use it.. :bongin:

13. lol not to be a dick or anything, but to say "what should I do as a christian" is kinda fuckin stupid

why do we need label everything? just do what you want, believe what you want and be happy with it

14. I think weed goes hand in hand with the true version of the christian ideology.

Didn't god give man plants and animals to do with what we want? Didn't he make all things according to Christianity? Well then god made weed...and we're allowed to smoke it.

Pretty sure Jesus toked up too :smoke:

15. This is why I just believe in morals (does that make sense?) so I dont feel like I have done something "wrong".

16. "He caused the grass to grow for the cattle, and HERB for the service of man" - Psalm 104:14

17. Primary Old Testament verse is Genesis 1:29. This verse will show us God's intent for all seed-bearing plants, which includes marijuana. Primary New Testament verses are 1 Timothy 4:1-4. These verses show God's contempt and condemnation for those people who are opposed to marijuana in any way.

It is appropriate for us to review these verses in their entirety. For convenience they are reproduced here:

Genesis 1:29. The New American Standard Translation.
    Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you."

Genesis 1:29. The Authorized Version.
    And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

1 Timothy 4:1-4. The New American Standard Translation.
    4:1 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,
    4:2 by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron,
    4:3 men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods, which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth.
    4:4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected, if it is received with gratitude;

1 Timothy 4:1-4. The Authorized Version.
    4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
    4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
    4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
    4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

The Bible speaks for itself. It clearly says that God created marijuana for our use and says terrible things about those who seek to command abstinence or advocate abstaining from plants which God has created. Criminal sanctions command abstinence and are extreme examples of advocating abstinence.

Let's step back for a moment and consider several reasonable questions as to whether or not these verses apply to the current situation.

Does Genesis 1:29 apply?

Yes. It reveals God's will for all seed-bearing plants. Marijuana is a seed-bearing plant. This is so important that God put it in the very first chapter of the very first book of the Bible.

Do 1Timothy 4:1-4 apply?

Yes. 1 Tim 4:1 Tells us that these verses are a prediction of future events that will happen in later times. Since 1 Timothy was written about two thousand years ago we are certainly living at a later time. (It is beyond the focus of this study, but many Bible students consider this to also be an end times prophecy. If this is so, it may mean that false teachers are running out of time to repent.)

The linkage of these Old and New Testament passages is not out of context. At 1Tim 4:3 the Ryrie study Bible specifically links to Gen. 1:29. Closely observe that in the Authorized Version the word "meat" is used in both the New and Old testament verses, and that the word "food" is used in both passages in the New American Standard Translation. 1Tim4:3 inexorably locks these verses together.

FOOD a word in Gen1:29 worthy of amplification.

Biblically marijuana is a seed-bearing plant. Botanically marijuana it is a herbaceous annual plant. Botanically and scripturally marijuana is a herb, a food. It is one of the finest of foods. Of all the plants in the world the seed of marijuana is second in protein only to soy beans. Marijuana seeds are the only food that provides essential amino acids and essential fatty acids in the ratio that is optimal for the human body. Humans can and have survived in robust health by eating marijuana seeds. The oil that is pressed from the seed has more polyunsaturated essential fatty acids  than any other known oil.

Due to the current ungodly prohibition eating marijuana is not economical, it is prohibitively expensive. If it could be legally grown in a garden, and it is easily grown in the poorest of soils, this God-given food and medicine would be readily available and inexpensive. Any hungry or sick and suffering person that could benefit from it would benefit from it without paying either the exorbitant prices caused by its illegality or caused by pharmaceutical company profits. Pharmaceutical companies have not been able to reproduce the divinely complex chemistry of this holy herb. Drug companies ask astronomical prices for a largely ineffective artificial substitute. Jesus said, "You can not serve God and mammon", (Mat 6:24). Mammon is money. The mammon in marijuana prohibition is greed and profit.

Notice, the only condition placed on the use of this God-given plant is that it be received with gratitude. 1 Tim 4:4 "For everything created by God is good and nothing is to be rejected, if it is received with gratitude." If you would like to see grateful people, you will find them wherever marijuana has reduced pain, cured blindness, whose tumors have disappeared, whose depression is vanquished, or have just gathered in happiness to share each other's loving company. Jesus said; "by this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love one for another", (John 13:35). Jesus says it is OK to gather in large, loving groups.

Contrary to the contention, "it does not say it is OK to consume it (marijuana) anywhere in scripture". Again review 1Tim4:4. "For everything created by God is good and nothing is to be rejected." This says it is OK, it is good and is not to be rejected.

There are dozen's, if not hundred's, of references from prestigious scientific and medical researchers that prove this God given plant is good for you. Several marijuana cookbooks are in print. There is a considerable amount of additional information on its nutritional value. If you would like references to any of this material, it will be sent to you.

It's time to finish this study with a parting thought. Jesus said " You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free",(John 8:32). It is the intent of this study to assist our walk along the path of truth and freedom.