smoking weed and working out ?

Discussion in 'General' started by mcmunchies, Jul 29, 2012.

1. The target heart rate zone for exercising is generally between 60-80% increase of your resting heart rate. Most people rarely hit this when weight lifting unless lifting weights that are too heavy you for you, with little to no rest between sets, and with extreme intensity. Marijuana on average only increases your heart rate about 30% on average (obviously varying between individuals) and the effects of marijuana on the heart diminish rather quickly. So smoking before a weight lifting set could actually benefit your work out by the increase in heart rate. I wouldn't suggest smoking and running a triathlon but to say you shouldn't smoke before working out at all is a rather baseless suggestion.

That being said good luck having the motivation to life weights after smoking. 1 or 2 draws off a vape, though, can really get your mind in the right place.

2. i like to work out high bc its more fun and it doesnt feel like work

3. I can't do it. And wouldn't personally because it would be a waste to me. Working out gives me a nice buzz anyway. I like the cleansing and prefer to wait until after I work out to smoke.

4. I stil smoke and work out i especially like smoking then running in some trail or forest preserve its the greatest feeling in tha world! Exept when i get lost :(

5. getting high then working out is just a waste of weed, you feel weaker and you cant lift as well if you were sober. ive heard different things for running while high or bicycling but running is way easier than lifting weights.

swimming and bicycling high = a fun experience

using weights = not so fun

6. I have once went to gym while high it was uncomfortable as hell... like really... it sucked.

7. [quote name='"Spankle"']

The target heart rate zone for exercising is generally between 60-80% increase of your resting heart rate. Most people rarely hit this when weight lifting unless lifting weights that are too heavy you for you, with little to no rest between sets, and with extreme intensity. Marijuana on average only increases your heart rate about 30% on average (obviously varying between individuals) and the effects of marijuana on the heart diminish rather quickly. So smoking before a weight lifting set could actually benefit your work out by the increase in heart rate. I wouldn't suggest smoking and running a triathlon but to say you shouldn't smoke before working out at all is a rather baseless suggestion.

That being said good luck having the motivation to life weights after smoking. 1 or 2 draws off a vape, though, can really get your mind in the right place.[/quote]

Didn't know that man thanks, but usually when I work out I run ten lift run the lift so I have no breaks Inbetween exercises. But yea listen to this dude seems like he knows his shit!

8. Yo! I just explained that in this thread!

9. #29 Spankle, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
    You did? Cuz i see nothing about heart rate in your posts?????? :wave:

10. Touchy? No way bro. Just pointing out the fact that you're a liar is all.

11. No one wants to work out high. It's a completely shit experience. You've got cottonmouth every 4 or 5 minutes.

And when you don't have cottonmouth you'll be wondering if that muscle-man over there is checking out your butt when you're on the treadmill.

12. Yo! Relax dude i dint mean to give u a wedggie!:(

13. I'm wearing a man thong. Constant weddgie here.

14. Now i see why so touchy!:smoke: