Smoking Weed, and realizing who the real you is, and the truth behind people.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by LegalizeI, Jun 12, 2010.

1. #1 LegalizeI, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2010
    Well I'm usually a daily marijauna smoker prolly like most of the people here. I light it up, and just chill out and have a good time with my friends. But everytime I smoke weed, I see the real side of me. I see who I really am. It reveals me to myself. I also see the real side of other people. Its kind of like an emotional breakthrough or something like tht. Idk, but if anyone else feels like this when they get high, please reply, or type somethin down. Thanks! :smoke:

• Like Like x 4
  2. welcome to GC.

3. I experience this too. It fantastically amazing. The feeling/experience and thinking about the feeling/experience actually has brought me to tears before.

Since I stopped smoking weed (http://forum.grasscity.com/spiritua...uana-regularly-spiritually-irresponsible.html) I've been trying to figure out WHAT makes what you describe happen and HOW I can get it without any external help.

It is a profound and ethereal difference between being high and not high that I believe is separate from the typical effects of marijuana (short term memory loss, dopamine increase, .etc).

I haven't smoked in a crazy long time and won't probably get any connections till fall of this year to do some experimenting to try and weed out what is going on (weed out pffffffttt :p). I think this effect was THE reason I smoked. Everything else that I liked about it I am able to reproduce it without it now but this is the last thing I have left and its the biggie.

4. Its brought me to tears too, and I love it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. It doesnt happen often but every once in awhile Ill have a self realization... or a moment of clarity about someone else in the session. Its a good feeling.. almost scary tho sometimes.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yeah I get this to varying degrees every time I smoke. I think thats the boundary dissolving aspect of it. You see things more so as they are and see more things in general.

7. And what do you think is on either side of this "boundary"?

8. In my defense, I smoked a bowl right before posting that lol. Maybe I used the wrong words. I guess what I mean is, weed seems to dissolve the ego a little, thus seeing things more so as they are, and creates this sense of harmony and unity with everything. It dissolves the boundaries of consciousness created by our brains.

9. i agree with this... seems like my clearest emotional realizations are done when really high, and sometimes shit gets so real it really is scary.

"The herb reveals you to yourself"
    I never heard a truer statement than that

Smoking enhances everything, but especailly listening to music, When im high it seems like i feel the music different emotional level. its almost as if i understand the artist like i knew them personaly. i also love to listen to lyrics and transpose them onto my life. i suppose i do the same sort of thing with music it is just not as literal... damn im high haha:smoking::D

• Like Like x 1
  10. I was afraid that my question would come off as sarcastic and antagonistic and I think it did...

I wasn't trying to be these things.. In fact I like the phrasing...its been used by Terrence McKenna before and I always thought it was a great way of explaining that state..

I was just wondering what your personal belief was.

11. Yeah actually Terence Mckenna was the first person I heard use it lol. On the subject of Terence Mckenna, here's a pretty relevant video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPTOxu4yMMs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPTOxu4yMMs[/ame]

Best description of this plant I've ever heard.

12. Wow, that video is LEGIT.

be baked ^^:smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Im a completely different person after i started smoking.

My freshman year was the first time i smoked and after i smoked i realized how big of an asshole i used to be.

Im not like that at all now.

14. i completely understood and relate to everything he said, when i smoke
    cannabis i am completely lifted over the "veil" so to speak, it is a tool that
    i use in order to help with my enlightened and over creative brain to help
    make sense of all these bumbling thoughts i have. one moment(absolute fraction of a second) im thinking of life and death and all the relevance of it then it corresponds
    into another theory (so to speak) of something else that relates to everything
    in this life. i could not put it as well spoken or eloquent as that individual but
    regardless i support and agree with everything he said 100% amazing , the qoute
    great minds think alike is true.

15. Guys, I started feeling this lately... this whole realization of myself and it's very scary, mom said to me, you've taken then red pill, welcome! Everything to me now seems so not worth, not sure if it makes me feel depressed. Any thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  16. I am so glad, you came to terms with that, must've been really hard for you at the time.

17. Lol we've all been there, cannabis helps you see the world for what it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I feel like a lot of this has to do with your inability to step outside of your mind when you're sober. When you smoke you stop complicating everything. You see a friend smile at nothing, a small detail you wouldn't have noticed before. Maybe settling on a rational conclusion quickly instead of branching off into different routes. You start to see the minds of others working and it highlights the fact that you don't have the most complex mind in the room. Same basic thing when you're alone. You realize we're all kind of lost in our minds and how pointless it is to argue with it. It defines the line between you and that "higher power" that is your mind you're communicating with.

Cannabis can open a lot of doors for people.

Screw anybody who says it isn't a medicine.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Is it really you, if you're high? I feel very introverted whenever I smoke and really am only comfortable around certain people. When I smoke alone, I'm just quiet and very adventurous (thanks to LSD), however when I'm sober I'm like a socially butterfly, I could talk to a brick wall it's crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

20. Hey man I have it too I want to know what it is, for me it started 2 years ago I thought I was just paranoid,but then when I smoked again I felt like I was watching their soul come out of them, like their characteristics and show their real expressions. I sometimes ant have fun and it has gotten to a point where I can sometimes see it sober. I really want to know what this is I want to help you and you help me