Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking Weed and My Pulmonary Test

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Cannabird, Jul 21, 2018.

1. So long story but I had some crazy health stuff happen to me on vacation last month (Europe from US) and had some breathing issues. Bad flight, no sleep for days, thought I had a virus, some "episodes". Ended up in ER by ambulance first night home. Had to check myself out because they wouldn't help me breathe and wanted to keep testing my heart after 5 normal EKGs and a normal CT scan. Meanwhile I couldn't fucking breathe and they gave me anxiety drugs by IV every time I complained about it. Being flat was suffocating me. Had a couple mini strokes. Crazy shit. Probably Upper GI related and having esophagus major issues. Was closing up. Still trying to figure out what's up but slowly getting better. Esophagus slowly healing.

Anyway my doctor was adamant I go for a pulmonary test. I wasn't against it as I was wondering if I have damage to my lungs. I toked through my 20s, took 20+ years off while raising a family and went back about 4 years ago because my friend's son became a commercial grower (in a different, legal state) and I was getting it for free and shared copiously - top quality medical grade). Been hitting it pretty hard daily for 3 years. I'm in my early 50s now. Haven't toked since pre vacation about 4 weeks ago. Just didn't feel like while sick and looking for a new job.

Had the test yesterday and they showed me the charts. I'm over 125% across the board for my age with "excellent" lung capacity. I thought for sure there would be some detriment. Pretty shocking to be honest. I coughed up a tiny black ball after the test too LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Glad to hear cannabis probably only "exercises" the lungs. I thought I was going to have to advise you to switch to tinctures if you were having lung issues. It is quite opposite! Lol.

3. Yea I'm hip to the tinc. Made a few batches.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Black ball as in black blob of old blood clot from your lungs ?
    Sounds to me you had a pulmonary embolism ( PI ).
    Matches you having a hard time breathing and the black ball blob you coughed up.
    Was your lower calfs or back of your knees tender for some weird reason ?
    Legs hurt after standing for short period of time ?
    Did you throw away the black ball you coughed up?

If I am right ( I hope I am not ) you suffered from a pulmonary embolism .
    Sitting down on a jet for a long period could of caused blood clots in your legs then travel to your lungs and create a PI.

No joke , you need to tell your doctor that you coughed something black out of your lungs …
    Chest/lung X rays, PI look like a white spot in your lungs , kind a like cancer .

Have a Pro time done ( have your blood tested to see how fast you blood clots up .
    I hope you are negative ..…..
    Please post how everything turns out with your doctors .

5. Thanks. It was a very tiny ball of phlegm that was dark. Basically what any smoker coughs up. But they could have missed something. They checked me out for blood clots in the ER and I was negative but I am going for more testing. Also going for a EGD.

I'm pretty sure my issues are GERD related, a major case. My esophagus is healing now that I'm on an acid blocker and a very low acid diet. Turns out I was doing everything wrong, despite eating "healthy". Everything I was eating was highly acidic. Tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, onions, red meat, citrus fruits, (a lot of) peppermint eat everyday, wine, beer, etc. I have flipped my diet and I can feel it healing more each day.

I quit toking all together about 5 weeks ago now. I will probably stick with edibles and maybe occasional vaping some time in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Only way to test you for blood clots is a ultra sound and that would be on your legs and for a PI it would be chest xray and CT scan and or a pro time and that is a blood draw .

Glade your feeling better and I hope the doctors are on the right trail.

Cheers

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. #7 Cannabird, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Thanks again for your astute observation. Are you a doctor? You sound more informed than most doctors I have seen. The ineptness I have seen is astounding. I had to go through 3 before one would actually listen to me. They seem to all be on autopilot. Seems everybody has the attention span of a goldfish these days, even medical professionals. And the nurses OMG I had to correct them continuously (wrong medications, etc.) I can't imagine how it is for people that don't pay attention to what the nurses are doing. Our healthcare system is broken and scary. Wish I would have stayed in Europe and had treatment until I felt better. The care I had there was amazing and free!!

You may be on to something. I very well could have / had multiple issues. I did have a Spiral CT Scan w/ contrast which was negative. I have been taking Nattokinase for a while so if you are right hopefully that made a difference. I will ask my doctor at tomorrow's appointment.

8. Sorry I am not a doctor , Got some scrap metal in my leg in Vietnam .
    Been suffering from blood clots and ( PI ) for over 40 years.
    Lets just say I have allot on hands of experience .

Most people don't live through pulmonary embolism, and when they do they cough out the part of their lung that died inside them .
    ITs dark black reddish blob of lung/tissue , size depending on where the blood clot , clotted the artery in your lung .
    Blood clots coughed up can be a small speck to palm size .

I got short of breath, you cannot lay down to sleep because you cant breath ,
    But first my left leg where I got scrap metal in my leg would start hurting .( Blood clot )

Now I get blood clots in my arteries in my right leg , you cant miss them..
    It feels like someone blows your leg off with a shotgun .

Blood clots first time around normally are very painful and first signs is Pain in the calf of you lower legs and when the pain reaches the back of your knee pieces of the blood clot break of and travel to your heart ( heart attack ) or passes through the heart and gets stuck in your lungs .

Blood clots above your arm pits end up in your brain ( stroke ) blood clots below your arm pits ( heart attacks or pulmonary embolism )

If you didn't have major pain in the back of your lower legs and the back of your knee then my guess is you didn't have a blood clot, coughing up red or dark red tissue is a sign of a pulmonary embolism or your lungs are bleeding ..
    And coughing cleans your lungs and sometimes its gray or black shit from what we been breathing or smoking .

To your health Cheers ..