Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking weed and bulking up

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Gymandsmoke, Sep 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hey guys I have been smoking for about 3 years now been going to gym on and off, now I want to know if its possible to bulk up while being a regular smoker I weigh about 59kg fairly tonnes wouldn't say skinny, I used to weigh about 67kg then stopped gym all together and saw the weed eat away my muscle. I love smoking that's why I want to find a way around stopping to gain weigh

Any suggestions are good I know this isn't a gym forum but let's be honest if I posted this in one of those I'd get roasted haha

2. Its not the weed that eats away your muscles it being lazy on it. I used to work out regularly while stoned, had no issues throwing some bulk on but I used protein powder too. I was even smoking blunts while on the bench.
    If you are serious about it bulk up on creatine, amino acids, protein powder. creatine 2-3 times a day every day even on lazy days, amino and protein powder before and after work out.

3. Most definitely not the ganja. But yeah, try some protein shakes or something along those lines. Every person is different.

4. Weed can actually help you bulk up because it can make it easier to recover from a workout, and the stored cannabinoids can release during workouts, making for a better session.

I have a friend who runs ultra marathons and whatnot and she swears it gives her a second wind in the 20th mile.

5. Weed does not eat away muscle or no one would be smoking it. It can dehydrate your body though so drink a lot of water (at least 6 glasses if you are working out prolly more). Also if you want to smoke less just smoke once a day, right after your workout as a "reward". I did this for years and was in the best shape of my life!

6. in the last year or so Iv certainly added muscle while also smoking more regularly than previously.
    I dont smoke before a lifting day, but I feel a smoke later helps with the aches and pains after a heavy session.
    Having it in my system certainly hasnt stopped me gaining muscle, and if your looking for bulk you need a calorie surpless so munchies are your friend.

the only time I smoke before working out is when Im doing cardio.
    Without it I get bored shitless after a few minutes on any cardio machine, few hits of my vape before hand and i'll sit on a bike for 45 minutes and be making my own entertainment.