Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking wax stories!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by BlazingZombiess, Mar 17, 2012.

1. [quote name='"KB Grower"']

how do you differentiate whipped bho (wax)vs bho (oil) name-wise? do you call them both bho?

Imo wax is a perfect nickname for whipped bho.. and calling them by the same name seems confusing..

I dont see it any different from referring to cannabis by bud or weed... I dont assume someone is uninformed on cannabis if.they choose to call it "pot".. just another nickname..[/quote]

I call it all BHO, and then just refer to the texture.

Actually, calling whipped bho wax is erroneous, TRUE wax is what people call honeycomb(when it's dry and properly vac'd). Whipped bho is budder.

Actually here's the full list of textures that I can think of.

Oil : liquid, or thick resin, must be in a viscous liquid state.

Shatter: looks like oil but is glassy or a non-newtonian fluid (ie glassy when broken apart but pliable if treated slowly and gently) at room temp.

Wax: dry honeycomb. Waxy/dry to touch. Crumbly in texture, cratered in appearance (I find the less and smaller the craters the better the product)

Budder: whipped bho. Looks and feels similar to a dry-ish putty.

Glass: full on "concrete" appearance, hard to manipulate and/or work with.

Tar: just stay away. Chock full o' chlorophyll, nasty as shit. Like name implies, it has consistency of tar. I guess you could classify it as an oil/resin but that's just downright disrespectful IMO!

There are more, but most of them are just "manipulations" of the above textures. Kind of how like flake is just a more heated, broken up, and re-assembled version of glass or wax.

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

2. So I guess by your definition I have budder. Anyways I'm vaping it along with some kief and shiva crystals and some weed known as "pot of gold." It makes for an expensive but potent bowl, this is CERTAIN.

3. [quote name='"the_tokerman"']

Wax: dry honeycomb. Waxy/dry to touch. Crumbly in texture, cratered in appearance (I find the less and smaller the craters the better the product)

Budder: whipped bho. Looks and feels similar to a dry-ish putty.

Good Growing and Happy Toking![/quote]

Alright... Im preety sure i have had wax that wasn't "only" honeycomb.. And Ive had "hydrated" wax that was definetly not budher.

And the budher description you have matches all the buddher i have gotten completely... Im just confused why you only said "dry" honeycomb for the only choice for wax...?

Kinda off topic questions:
    And dehydrated wax is more "pure" than hydrated wax, but is hydrated wax more pure than budher?
    And im preety sure dehyrdated is way more "pure" than budher, correct?
    Or does it all depened?

4. Because I've seen shitloads of honeycomb "wax" that's not a true wax. I've seen honeycomb that's oily, buddery, watery, and even waxes that essentially separate into layers of oil, wax, and buddery/watery crap.

The wax I'm talking about is kind of like a rocky dry texture to it, not necessarily the really crumbly stuff, but not the hard lumps of shit either. It's a soft wax, but it's completely uniform in texture, color and consistency and it's truly dry to the touch.

I was referring to the "ideal state" of each texture, although I'm not a fan of the whipped stuff, as you can't really purge it nearly as well as shatter, oil or true wax.

define dehydrated, if by that you mean the dry stuff I just mentioned above, then it may not necessarily be more pure, but it's in a better, more stable state with more intact/available terpenes and cannabinoids.

If you ask me (and a lot of people I know, who's opinion I value dearly) the ideal state of solvent-based concentrates goes something like this:

1.Shatter & Oil
    2.Stable, dry wax
    -
    -
    3.Glass/Glass Flake
    -
    -
    --big cliff
    -
    -
    4. budder
    -
    -
    - mariana's trench
    -
    -
    -
    5. Flaming poo
    6. Tar.

5. [quote name='"BlazingZombiess"']

Yeah well in live in cali and we get some preety good hook ups.
    The 30-35 grams of wax are like the "mid" grade wax.
    The 40 and above are fcking dank.
    And the 8ths used to cost 120 but since we were buying so much he started hooking us up.
    80-90 and 8th, can never go wrong with that :)[/quote]

Damn, I've never paid more than $20 a gram. Everything is dirt cheap here right now though.

6. [quote name='"sonocroc"']

When you do a bho extraction it comes out like a thick syrup but when you apply some heat and mix it up for a while it changes lol the consistency is then like a brittle softer one that you can actually pick up without it sticking to you like a mofo sorry on my phone don't have pics lol[/quote]

This is my understanding as well.

7. [quote name='"OGkushak"']dude i hope your kidding, wax is just whipped bho, bho is oil. Oil that is whipped after purging turns into wax, wax and hash oil are almost exactly the same. Oil and wax are generally made by being run through butane or co2, sometimes people use iso but that really isnt wax unless you master the fuck outta it. How did you think wax was made? :laughing:

edit: ill contribute to the thread, ive taken dabs the size of like 2 airsoft bbs, and just that alone is enough to get so so fucked haha. like body melting mind numbing crazyness.[/quote]

Thank you for clearing that up.

8. Here's my contributing to the original thread topic I suppose, not to burry the discussion on bho at all, getting the info out there is the biggest step in the battle against corrupted concentrates.

Anyway, heres a vid of a routine dab.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udan9FoTo28&feature=plcp]GC .55g dab - YouTube[/ame]

9. damn I need to take a trip up to norcal, 20/g? i could only imagine how cheap trim is up there! Time to bring a couple of extractors, my vac. and 5 cases of power 5x. humboldt here i come.

10. [quote name='"the_tokerman"']Here's my contributing to the original thread topic I suppose, not to burry the discussion on bho at all, getting the info out there is the biggest step in the battle against corrupted concentrates.

Anyway, heres a vid of a routine dab.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udan9FoTo28&feature=plcp

Good Growing and Happy Toking![/quote]

I feel yah, im not "that" educated on the whole subject of concentrates, i have made wax before and what not, and definetly have smoked alot of wax... But that definetly doesnt make me educated on the subject, i always love to learn things i dont know about. But Im very educated in growing and just marajuana in general :3

Whats the size of your nail?? That nail took forever to heat up lol. :smoke:

Do you live in cali?

And do type "Good Growing and Happy Toking!" every time??

11. sigh.. marajuana? can you not even spell our great herbs name? and you've made bho? and you didn't blow up? i'm surprised.. making wax does make you educated on the subject. how come on one of your earlier posts you said making wax and making oil was two completely processes, are you that uneducated to notice that they're the same thing? i'm just judging on everything you've stated in this thread. i don't know if your just stupid or looking for attention.

12. [quote name='"mjmama25"']

Damn, I've never paid more than $20 a gram. Everything is dirt cheap here right now though.[/quote]

Damn... Is it good quality? Which part of Nocal are you located?
    Do you buy from club or a connect?

I live in Socal.. Ive seen grams go for that cheap, but they are usually of lesser quality.

13. #73 BlazingZombiess, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    [quote name='"BlankIT"']

sigh.. marajuana? can you not even spell our great herbs name? and you've made bho? and you didn't blow up? i'm surprised.. making wax does make you educated on the subject. how come on one of your earlier posts you said making wax and making oil was two completely processes, are you that uneducated to notice that they're the same thing? i'm just judging on everything you've stated in this thread. i don't know if your just stupid or looking for attention.[/quote]

First of all im on the app, spelling errors happen. But yes thats no excuse i guess.. :confused:

I never said i made bho? What r you trying to get at?

And im confused on what your trying to say "wax and making oil was two completely processes"??

And to answer your last question, i am preety stupid on the subject... Is that any reason to be a d!?@

Edited: i just realized why you being an ass.... I said im not "that" educated.. Meaning i dont know shit about wax... I have made it before, but im not "that" educated on the different methods.

14. you said you've made oil, but then i read this and just think twice about you saying you've made oil, because you just seem extremely uneducated.

15. [quote name='"BlankIT"']

you said you've made oil, but then i read this and just think twice about you saying you've made oil, because you just seem extremely uneducated.[/quote]

I never said i made oil lol. Re-read it bud.

16. Lol... This guy. BlankIT Whats your problem... You obviously miss-read it.
    :laughing: :laughing:

17. ha ha "this guy"

you annoy me.

18. [quote name='"BlankIT"']

ha ha "this guy"

you annoy me.[/quote]

I was talking about wax.. LOL not oil... I have no clue how to make oil.

You can obviously tell i was talking about wax because i said "the wax wasnt that great of quality".

:laughing: read a book.

19. *shakes head*

yeah, tell me to read a book, and how about you read up on your damn extractions you idiot.

20. [quote name='"BlankIT"']

*shakes head*[/quote]

*nods head* lol