Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Smoking vs Edible dosage" question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Nicholas.s, Oct 28, 2017.

1. I have a very low tolerance right now. I usually smoke probably only 0.1 - 0.2 g that will get me nice and high. (I always use lemongrass oil to potentiate the high).

I want to try and make a quick firecracker; will using 0.2g on a firecracker have the same effects as if I were to smoke 0.2g? Or do edibles work differently?

2. In my experience, it takes less grams of weed to gain the same high when you properly consume it via edibles. It's important to properly decarb the weed when you eat it. It's my impression that a fair amount of usable THC (and other cannabinoids) are destroyed through the smoking process. When you eat properly decarbed cannabis, there is no loss so it takes less.

• Like Like x 2
  3. That was just was I was looking for, thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Nicholas.s, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    Real quick- can I use almond butter to make firecrackers instead of peanut butter? Didn't want to create a whole new thread lol.

5. Yes, the nut doesn't matter.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Edibles work the digestive tract via the stomach whereas smoking weed goes through the bloodstream via the lungs. Completely different highs so don't expect to feel the same thing. Cardiovascular system is instantaneous and weed is in and out of your system in 2 hours per inhale. Your gut keeps processing bile and crap all day long.

Never expect edible highs to be comparable to smoke. It just doesn't work the same bodily functions but ultimately you will feel something with either method.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. It's the oil-fat that acts as a solvent to open the Trichome heads as well as being the carrier to facilitate getting the THC through the cell wall.
    Most of us use Coconut oil for it's high MCT (medium chain triglyceride) content to get the most bang from the cannabis.
    [​IMG]
    Decarb cannabis first to activate it. Won't have much kick if any if you skip this part.
    240 F for 40 minutes. Just weed on a cookie sheet in the oven.
    Now powder it.
    Mix with just enough cooking oil to make mud out of it. Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.
    Freeze
    Rewarm
    Done. Smear that on a cracker and chow down and hang on for the ride
    As far as dose. Usually half or less then you smoke and wait a good 2 hours for it to take full effect. Smoke a bit at that point as smoking will kick start a background dose of edibles and bring it up in your face.
    =================================
    Mine is dry ice kief
    5 grams decarbed
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    .5 teaspoon lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20
    Freeze
    Reheat and done
    Makes 30 (0) caps-doses
    Really strong ones.
    [​IMG]
    BNW

8. Just popped some crackers in the oven with the nut-butter- but this method looks good. Would I use lecithin in the first method as well?
    (
    )
    Also, what do you use to powder the herb?

9. A coffee grinder will turn weed into powder. Freeze the weed and also put the grinder in the freezer so the resin doesn't stick. You just made cannaflour.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lecithin works in all methods at 1/6th volume. It's not critical as to amount and I just wing it most times. It acts as a power multiplier.
    After decarbing it'll be very dry and should crumble to dust-powder between fingers easy enough.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1