Smoking trimmings?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Freedom, Oct 20, 2008.

1. I carefully saved all the sugary goodness from my first harvest to make hash, which I did last week.

Making it was kinda fun (for the first ten minutes anyway) but it took ages and I ended up with about 0.0000001 grams of hash!! I can't deny that it was in fact the BEST hash ever! But is it really worth it? I got about three tokes off my pipe but if I'd rolled it all into joints instead of making hash, it woulda lasted me a week or more!

Question: Other than a slightly shitty clorophylly taste, is there a bad reason to smoke the trimmings as they are, rather than spending hours making hash for a teeny weeny smoke?

Does anyone else smoke their trimmings? :)

2. I'm a frugal sort so I smoke everything except the fan leaves and stems.

3. A man after my own heart. Allow me to join you. Cheers! :smoke:

4. I also enjoy the leaves in a bowl or joint.. they work!

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

5. If it has trichomes on it, it will get you high.

6. ^ thats the bottom line

kinda like smokin roach after roach, nasty, kinda degrading and ghetto but if youre out and want to get high, itll do the trick.

trim covered in sugar i find tastes pretty good.

instead of hash u could make kief.....

just pass all the trim through a grinder with a kief catcher.

you can still mix the ground leaves from the grinder in with real bud to make a fatter blunt

7. That's me! :devious:;)

Lashings of thanks for the advice peeps. :wave:

8. or you can make some kwiso hash, which i what i did with a small amount of trimmings and it got me fuckin zooted:smoking:

9. I'd break out the good buds...I may be frugal but I'm a good host. :D

10. Appreciate it man, I'll bring this: Freedom White #1, harvested today
    budofwonder.jpg

We'll start with the good stuff and have the degrading trimmings for dessert. Yummy.

11. freedom, shoulda known you have started a thread like this hahhaha.
    I'd rather smoke trimmings oudda desperation then stems or tar. Thats for dammm sure :)

Just by seeing your poor hash results, I know you could have gotten much much more hash if the trimmings would last you a week. Thats what, bout 2 ounzes of trimmings???:p

Allkidding aside tho, for every quarter of real crystalized trimmings I can get a gram of hash if Im lucky and run a few batches wit each lil batch of trimmings. I may be making some in the next few days. Ill haft let ya know how I fair. :)