Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking triggers my gag reflex

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by rozal, Mar 20, 2014.

1. This has been going on for about half a year now, before that I had never once thrown up from smoking. To be clear Im NOT talking about smoking so much the weed makes me throw up, Im talking about the actual act of smoking usually once or twice a week makes me gag to the point of puking. Sometimes its after a long coughing fit other times I dont cough at all. With my vape (mflb) its alot better but its still caused me to puke once. Most of the time its in the morning on a empty stomach but has happened mid-later day a couple times. Question is anyone else have this same experience? Its really fucking annoying.

2. Stop smoking.  Duh.

3. Probably best to stop smoking for a little while till you can stop thinking about it. Right now I'm having trouble eating when I smoke because I feel like I'm going to choke on it. Very frustrating when I get the munchies, but sounds like taking a break for a little while to get you back into the right mindset of smoking is needed. I probably need that too lol. Good luck man. 

4. That sucks I once had a similar problem but it just naturally went away. Try getting edibles in the mean time?

5. Ya i get this sometimes but i never yack just gag. I also get it a lot after i eat. I noticed since i started working out/ eating better i dont really get it. I believe it has something to do with heartburn

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 homestarstoner, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
    take a break from smoking in the AM on an empty stomach.

thats the #1 way to get your bodys natural hunger hormones fucked up.

7. Consume a meal in your stomach before you partake, and since your mind, and body is connected, the more you fixate your mind on gagging--then, it'll trigger that response. 

I did almost green-out from blazing, but the root of the problem was the tobacco (me and my bros were smoking blunts), and cottonmouth. 

So have your stomach filled with food, and keep yourself hydrated with a cold refreshment. 

8. I mean, I've taken a few 1-2 week t breaks since it's been happening. And it doesn't happen all the time, have gone a month just fine, and then like yesterday and today where it happened both mornings (which is what made me finally post a thread about it). You guys are probably right about eating a little beforehand should help. I've noticed the days where I do have a little bit before it's alot better. I've also been trying to wait like atleast 30 minutes, usually an hour or so after waking up before smoking/vaping. I have trouble eating in the mornings though if I'm not high, food just isnt appetizing before afternoon. Almost makes me feel sick to think about eating right after waking up.

9. I greened out once, I puked, laid down for like 20 minutes with some intense closed eye visuals and then was ready to go out later that night.

10. I think it's psychosomatic considering the wide range of variables. Full/empty stomach, coughing/not coughing, vape/combust... does dabbing make you puke too? Could be the rush of knowing you're going to get high, I've known people who get that way with unmentionables. Or it could be the high itself...

11. Yes this has happened to me before...I used to be a heavy cigarette smoker - 3 packs a day...sometimes smoking ciggs would make me gag or puke....And weed of course would sometimes do it too...I have since quit cigarettes as of about 3 or 4 years ago now...I rarely get that nasty cough/puke feel now...But I only smoke out of a small glass pipe....If I tried doing a bong hit I would probably gag or puke.

12. same here I feel like I can't eat properly

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum