Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking too much

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheWeedMan11, Oct 26, 2008.

1. I don't know if this is a problem unique to me or if it's just because I haven't been smoking for that long. I've been smoking regularly (every day, or every other day) for about a month and a half. I've definitely built up a tolerance (used to get blitzed off one hit of anything) but I've noticed that there's definitely a point that's just too much smoking after which I cannot function at all.

Usually when I first start smoking for the first time in the day I get a real lifted feeling and I feel more talkative and giggly but after smoking more and after a longer time I start getting this real tired feeling... not just normal feeling tired I get an overwhelming fatigue where I HAVE to go to bed or I just can't function. Does this happen to anybody else? I guess it would seem natural that smoking too much would knock you out but just wondering if there's anything that can be done about it. The reason I ask is because I love that mild "lifted" feeling you get from those first few hits (as opposed to the "heavy" feeling you get after smoking for hours) but I find this feeling goes away too quickly... and you'd think smoking more would be the solution but apparently (at least for me) it's not.

Thoughts?

2. Maybe smoking less is the solution?

Try letting yourself come down completely from that first high before you smoke again.

3. I definitely hear you on that, just wondering if other people here experience the same thing. When I smoke less, I find that I get a nice little buzz that lasts for about an hour to an hour and a half with pretty much no comedown. Another effective thing for me personally is taking a couple bong hits, because this gets me really ripped really fast but doesn't get me that tired feeling that I get when I smoke for a really long time. Today (which inspired this post) I smoked an entire blunt, then took a huge rip out of a bong of some dro, then hotboxed in my friends car smoking another blunt. We started smoking at 6 and didn't finish until 10:30 or so, so I guess it makes sense that I got real tired. I just need to smoke more wisely.

4. usually if i smoke and 1/8 in 1 or 2 days...
    yeah thats a sign for me lol

5. well i'm not sure if your problem is unique. But, I never get the way you feel. I smoke and i get the lifted feeling and i gradually come down. I usually get a mild fatigue but not to the point where I can't fight it enough to function correctly. I agree with fuel, maybe your highs make you get tired as you get higher. And maybe it's because I stop when I know i'm going to like my high and stay lifted and not get the "heavy" feeling you're talking about.