Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking tobacco?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BulgarianEagle, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Hey guys,i was a passionate tobacco smoker before i tried weed.
    and i smoked like..1 year with 2 months break.
    It took me alot of time to develop a tolerance to nicotine (tiredness,dizzyness,lazyness)
    so,as i said i quit the cigarettes for like 2 months,about 1-2 months ago.
    Now i started smoking again,and it really takes 2x time more than that 1 month to develop a perfect tolerance.

Since i started smoking weed (which i actually use for "medication for the soul"
    i just feel that,the taste of the cigarettes has worsened ALOT i mean,its like disgusting...

i havent changed the brand of cigarettes which i smoke.

Could it be possible that they make cigarettes like that on purpose?to make people quit?
    i dont smoke alot,before i smoked like 10 or more cigs a day,but then it got to 4..and now its 2 and i feel like a voice in my head "you DONT need to smoke cigarettes!",and i just dont feel the need to smoke cigs...

Could it be possible that they make cigarettes like that on purpose?to make people quit?
    or its just because that my brain and system likes weed more?

(i apologise to the staff of grass city forums,for the lame and stupid threads i write lately.)

2. Think about it man, why would the manufactureres make cigs taste disgusting. They want to make as much profit as possible!

It's most likely your taste for them has changed over time. :smoke:

Try a few different brands.

3. Stop smokin cigs man. All your doin is given in to the governments control over what people get addicted to easily. Nicotine is a shitty drug imo, and was only good when I first started. Now I hardly feel anything, which is why I don't smoke.

Just smoke herb:), its a way better value.:smoke:

4. I tried KENT i tried Davidoff,i tried marlboro i tried KING i tried viceroy...
    its just the same taste.......
    except for davidoff and kent its a little bit more pleaseant.

and also when i smoke a cig i feel more tired after that...its like i am smoking for the first time..and i smoke cigs every day at school!
    i smoked weed 2 times and i feel like i have been born with a special tolerance to it,the taste and all that.
    i just cant make that strong drags with cigs than weed (and believe me i pack up a very powerful drag!i dont even cough man....ok maybe 2 little silent coughs..but thats about it!

what the fuck is going on ? xD

5. Holy shit, how old are you man? Ask yourself why you smoke . . you're not addicted, you don't enjoy it. All your doing is creating future health problems for yourself. You sound ridiculous. :rolleyes:

You're not one of them "smoking = cool" children are you? I take it the people around you smoke too?

Just carry on with the bud. :smoke:

6. your smoking because its a habit.

I remember when i first started smoking weed, i would smoked tea when i ran out of bud because i just wanted to smoke.

You just have to break the habit of smoking cigs, go outside and play a sport or just walk around, hang out with friends. Take your mind off of smoking and enjoy life.

7. I dont really know...
    i think i am addicted,(because i tried not smoking and after 2-3 days i just needed to light a cig) and no i dont smoke tobacco because its cool (not like others my age) i just smoke it because i like it.

8. so you smoked tobacco because you liked it right? Now that you don't like it, don't smoke it. It's that simple.

9. I would say that smoking tobacco at all for you is a waste of time.
    I personally have never had any effect from smoking tobacco, other then nicatine rush - very rarely and i'm addicted to tobacco. I enjoy smoking because it gives me the nicotine that my body craves and for no other reason. So if you don't even enjoy it,you don't crave it and you don't like the taste of it, whats the point? :confused:

10. im new on here .. but i kinda understand what ur saying as im a cig smoker .. im 32 and started when i was 13 it was for the cool factor i admit it . i do not enjoy them anymore .its a habbit and im sure addiction to .. the habit is from say coffee and a cig to a beer and a cig . im slowly breaking away from the cigs tho .. hopefully ill quit them on my own will power

11. You've just lost the taste for cigarettes is all.
    I've smoked tobacco for about 3 or 4 years now (I'm 18 now. Yeah, I know I was a retard for starting so early.) I smoked commercial cigarettes like Marlboro and Newports for about 3 of those 4 years. I thought they tasted fine and I enjoyed it. During the last few months of being 17, I had stopped smoking. About 2 months after I turned 18 I wanted to get back into smoking again, and I wanted to try getting into Roll Your Own so I could practice making joints, plus I thought rolling was just a good skill to have period. I smoked RYO for quite a few months now and whenever I try a regular cigarette, I have to stop myself from throwing up, it just tastes that horrible. I believe its because I've acquired a taste for more "natural" stuff, and in your case marijuana is completely natural. So the taste of those chemical-infused cigarettes are leaving a horrible taste and that's why you don't enjoy it anymore. If you truly want to continue smoking, I suggest switching over to RYO. It's good to practice your joint rolling and it tastes way better than commercial cigs, plus they cost less.

12. hhahaha they make cigarettes so that people are disgusted by them? naw they make cigarettes to be addicting.