Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking tobacco

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sour Citrus, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Stay away from tobacco. It's (really) addictive. You don't realize it until it's too late. And getting off tobacco can be real hard.

2. I used to smoke cigs until I realized how stupid it is and that I don't wanna kill mahself. Also waste of money cause I don't see any gain from cigs over weed anyways. I haven't smoked a cig in about a year and im glad I haven't but bud on the other hand...

I have a friend who smokes tobacco everyday and he can't quit, and I've seen him when he doesn't smoke his cig in the morning he gets all anxious and moody.

3. I used to smoke cigarettes a while back but stopped as it wasn't worth it, but if I'm drinking i'll have a fag or two :p

4. Yea and thats being addicted, thats what you dont understand.

ive been smoking cigarettes for like 6 or 7 years now and it started off as "1 or 2 a day, or a couple a week." then it evolves. You start wanting a cigarette, so you light one up thinking "hey i can quit anytime" next thing you know you are smoking a pack a day no problem.

please fellow blades, if you dont smoke cigarettes, or "occasionally" smoke cigarettes, for YOUR sake please just throw them out and never touch them again, i wish i had.

5. I first tried a cigarette when I was about 11. Snuck one.
    Lit it up and then felt it burn the shit out of my eyes and throat...that stayed with me...
    I had some friends who smoked in my first couple of years of high school and on a few occasions I lit up with them, hell, I didn't even enjoy it, dumb teenage shit.
    I've also previously in my life accepted tobacco spun in with "group" weed, and have had it there too.
    I've never purchased cigarettes, never wanted to.
    I used to be the guy that a person might hand a smoke when/after drinking as when drunk I can get stupid enough to think it's a good idea (headspins) though in all honesty I never drank that much more'n once a fortnight, and have not allowed myself to take a cig from anyone in like, 3-4 years now.

I'd never have called myself a smoker, but I wish my attitudes about it back then were as military about it as they are now...I'd have barely ever smoked, if at all.
    To date I've smoked less than 50 cigs, and never intend to again.

I've witnessed friends over time who smoke, they're always out of energy, get shitty junkie like withdrawals, and yes in most cases it does become either dependence or addiction, I'd place it somewhere between the two terms, with ratio leaning one way or another person to person.
    I've witnessed my partners adopted mother develope emphysema from chain smoking.
    The partner herself was a casual smoker (lets hear it for parental influence) from the time she was 12, and allowed to do so...though she cut down with my influence, and went completely off them when she had her kidney stones removed - she says that the pethodine they pumped through her system must've given her a flush of sorts, because every time she lit up after that she got nauseous, can't say I'm too sad about this...she's not a lot healthier, fitter, and just more "awake".
    Of course this experience and her mothers degenerative smoking caused disease, has actually left her probably more against smoking than I am.
    To this day I HATE the concept of a "smoke break" being afforded by irresponsible workplaces.
    I hate the way cigarettes smell, I hate the way they make PEOPLE and their clothes and breath smell, and I hate how inconsiderate people with the habit can be...claiming that if you don't like that they blow smoke allover the place in front of you in public, you're encroaching on their rights or something? Bit of a skewed perspective that, I mean I think someone's within their rights to kill themselves sure, just not others.
    I really dislike it when people smoke while they/you are eating, very off-putting.
    I HATE parents who smoke around children, then downplay it.
    I despise the fact that something that can cause so many health problems and early deaths is even available, let alone their implied contribution to the overloading of hospitals...I think smoking should just about put people down the bottom of the list for anything that's actually been caused by it.
    I honestly do hope one day the paradigm actually shifts enough to make public use of tobacco illegal outside of designated venues, a LOT of govts would have to get less greedy and take their heads out of their asses for that though...
    Oh, and seriously - it ages you like a motherfucker. I've seen people 5 years younger than me that look that much older.

Anyways that's my take on it...I'm pretty passionately against smoking.
    I'm not so much against smokers, I mean they don't need one more person telling them how stupid it is. It's their life, their health, and as long as RESPECT is observed and I don't have to inhale their bad habit, I won't complain or otherwise chastise them about it.
    It's like, I wish people had better self preservation consideration...I mean after all from my perspective it doesn't really even DO that much but get you dependent on it...I figure at least weed gets you stoned, but hey, words falling upon the ears of the death and all, there's always some story to fall back on about someone's uncle who lived to 101 and smoked all their life isn't there?
    I suppose I diss smokers a little...but yknow, they are part of humanities ultimate stupidity, so they (sorry) kind of have it coming.

Tobacco has never been a big part of my life, and I feel good about that.

One thing I will occasionally indulge in a cigar if I go out for a German beer, I don't inhale it, but I do find the two go together rather well - that and I don't actually mind the smell of a cigar burning. NB: I do this only in places where smoking is accepted, outside in venues that are ok with it.
    I know it's not healthy, but were talking maybe 3-4 times a year, just with the beer, extinguished when the beer is finished.
    Just something that I do, but have in all honesty been less inclined towards since I went to vaping only too...

6. thats what i said to i wish it was that easy

7. lol same! idk why its so appealing to enjoy a boge when your drunk. But i cannot lie- its very relaxing.

8. Ill occasionally have a grape swish. I don't fuck with cigarettes only cigars.

9. Ill start off with i hate tobacco, have tried it with weed not alone a couple times, did nothing, waste of money, deadly no thanks. i had a baked epiphany and it goes like this.

A possible reason for tobacco having not been illegalized already is because of our rapid human population growth. Our population has already reached 7billion at en exponential rate, and we are still growing.
    It is to my critical thinking, that tobacco is really a plot to kill off the idiots who actually smoke it, and try to slow down our rapid population growth.
    Why else would a human being feel the personal need to still grow these terrible plants and whatever is sprayed on them, when they know how many it kills.
    Im telling you right now, they know its killing people, and thats the idea!
    They're trying to slow down population growth because they know the human race depends on it. When our numbers reach critical mass we will literally starve to death and drown and be filled with disease. It is imminent, but by selling this plant, they not only make money, but they slow down population growth.
    By slowing it down, they might preserve our race a little bit longer.

Thank you.

:hippie:

10. Dude...Your right! We need to export tobacco to India and China!

11. Nothing good comes from smoking tobacco.

12. hmmmmm

shit i got trolled

13. Hookah is legit though thats what im doing. im lightheaded as fuck but its legit lol

14. say no to cancer sticks.

15. Addiction is gradual, it's not like all of a sudden you go from not being addicted, to being addicted - What you are actually explaining here that's happening to you is a potential step into addiction. You used it a little, and now you're using it more than before...Come on man, you don't need to look much harder to see that as a pretty obvious sign.
    If as you say you're not addicted now then I'd stress the point to advise you - stop now, your ability or inability to do so will give you your real answer.
    You can run and tell THAT,
    home BOY

16. The addiction starts when you buy a pack.

17. This.. If your not addicted just quit man, it ruins your entire body, has a FUCKload of cancer in them and costs 8 bucks per pack.. Fucking govermenys keeping this shit legal when it kills millions of people every year and weed hasnt slain one person..

18. Tobacco is tasty,.