Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking to Quit Smoking?!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by trikky, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Ok, so I have recently quit smoking cigarettes, and smoking MJ has been a lifesaver for me, as far as quelling my urge to smoke cigarettes.

My question is... Has anyone heard of MJ being used in this way? How has it fared for other people who quit smoking cigarettes?

Thx

2. infinateawesome successfully used this technique to quit smoking cigs (from what he's talked about on the forums and from his sig). Although I'm curious as to his exact methods. It's funny i should see this thread because i was going to PM him and ask him what he used to quit.

I'm thinkin about buying up an ounce for the sole purpose of filling and re-filling my dugout. Then whenever i feel like a cig.. i'll just take a hit off of my one hitter.

edit: even if i blew through a few ounces doing this, it would be well worth it to quit smoking cigs. I'm sick of feeling winded and gasping on mile 3 when i used to run 5 no problem. I'm trying to run the cotton row run (huntsville city marathon) in april. It's a 10k with a brutal incline hill for 1 mile, and i know at the rate i'm going with the cigs.. it's not going to happen

curiously enough i never had this problem when i was ONLY blazing the greenery:rolleyes:

3. Alot of my friends have tried this method. It's routine for alot of them to have an after session , and they say weed made them want cigarettes more. I think it's best to change up your routines and not smoke anything when trying to quit.

4. Well rehab clinics do use methodone wafers to help people quit heroin so I don't see why you can't use marijuana to quit smoking cigarettes. It's just easing from one more intense drug to a lesser drug. Obviously the heroin and methodone comparison is a little intense but hey...w/e im high as shit.

5. I tried to quit chewing tobacco by smoking cigarettes. Before i knew it i was chewing and smoking at the same time..

6. Do the 2 mix well?

7. Some of my friends have tried it, but were unsuccessful... Though you could tell they weren't really determined to quit ciggies.... The only way a person is going to quit for good is if they're determined to quit.

"The brain doesn't recognize the word 'TRY' - but it does recognize the words 'I am'" -- Think about it.

8. Well, I'm almost through day 3, and i've had 6 cigs in 3 days. Not too bad. The MJ kind of just dostracts me, but yes, immediately after I smoke a bowl is when I fiend the most, but it goes away in abotu 20 mins. Not too bad. I'm 20 yrs old and have been smokeing since 13. I am seriously determined to quit, and I'm on my way.

9. That is weird... for ME it is the EXACT opposite. When I am sober (as in not high on marijuana) I HATE cigarettes... they disgust me... the taste, the smell, the feeling it gives me is NOT beneficial in any way. On the other hand once I smoke marijuana... say the BEST quality available (the only kind I smoke) I then have an extreme desire to smoke cigarettes. Now it is totally different, it tastes good, smells good, the feeling it gives me is a GOOD warm feeling on my lungs and it increases my marijuana high by at least double. Also when I smoke weed I feel like smoking cigs throughout the whole session. If I quit smoking weed I would be able to stop smoking cigarettes forever. The only time I would ever smoke a cigarette SOBER is if I was EXTREMELY nervous that I did not have weed... which never happens because I am in NYC and can always get name brand.
    :smoking:

10. u have to want to quit smoking to actually quit.... no drug will make u not want them as long as u arent committed to it.

11. I know that. I'm saying it helps with the urges to smoke. Keeps my mind busy...

12. [​IMG]

"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."

13. when i was fucked up I remember yoda resembling a bud, as if I wanted to smoke him all up because he was big enough for my bowl and hairy enough for the sign of ripening.

shit, now I feel like smoking my bambo bong now. sweet

14. haha.. actually they kinda do