Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking through a water bottle?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by phillyweed, Sep 7, 2009.

1. does anybody know if smoking from a water bottle is as effective as say a bowl or something rolled? usually when i have to do this i use aluminum foil to make the bowl at the top of the bottle, and make a hole in the side, light the stufff and suck through the side. my friend just gota bong so hopefully ill ahve to do less of this, but it's still kind of fun smoking from a bottle:smoking:

2. Armature at water bottle bongs aye? lol get a pen and one of those sockets, works as a better bowl.. and yea the high is still great if done right

3. ahah yeah usually the high is pretty nice. but what do you mean by socket?

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_7DHOse9cg]YouTube - water bottle bong[/ame]

watch. learn. emulate.

5. aright thanks. because im thinking of actually making the bong tommorow, by putting one of those sockets through the side as the bowl then inhaling through the top like a normal bong instead of through through the side what i usually do.

6. yea but try to make it into a slide with a pen or something works great as a ghetto bong

7. yea exatly what the video did make that kinda slide :)

8. [​IMG]
    Here you go man, i had nothing better to do. Also to make the hole for the carb and pen tube, i recommend using a knife to make the hole exact. Good luck and happy toking!

-Blunt:smoking:

9. #10 Acid Raindrops, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2009
    I always found water bottle bongs to be not so effective. You can milk it up pretty good if you make it right, but clearing it seems to be shitty, you can pull as hard as you can and the chamber just seems to slowly empty, probably losing a lot of THC attaching to the walls and the smoke goes stale, different when your using a real bong, milks up real quick then you go to pull and usually BAM all the smoke rushes up and your hit like a train.

Also, it seems like you barely even get a few hits off a water bottle bong even with a big socket bowl, torches a lot of the weed and like I said the smoke goes stale because it's hard to clear.

If I were to pack the same amount in a spoon, Id get a ton of hits and be ripped, and I can corner the bowl too and be preservative and the smoke is going almost straight to my lungs. Yeah, you can corner the bowl too on a water bottle bong, but good luck getting a decent rip.

Real glass bong > Spoon
    Water bottle bong < Spoon.

IMO.

10. You can make some water bottle bongs that can rip. Not like the ones in the video I posted, they are somewhat more complicated than that. primarily because of a removable bowl instead of a carb.

11. eh they get me high enough i dont use the wrench thing tho just like a mcdonlads straw
    no water hold carb hole then foil at the top

12. Sometimes because they are so harsh they can get you more ripped but they are so messy and complicated and fucked.

Just buy a unit if you can. They are surprisingly easy to hide and don't smell as much.

13. That's what mine looks like, I'll post a pic later though, my gf's has it.

14. As long as the bowl piece is metal and doesn't overheat to the point it melts the plastic. Make a ring around the bowl in between the plastic and the downstem so it absorbs the heat and ice will cool down the plastic enough. Plastic is fine as long as you don't let it melt.

15. [​IMG]

I found that nesquik bottles work good for big hits and getting extremely high

16. if you make a waterbottle bong good with no drag(not hard to do) it will get you ripped
    its allways fun once in a while to make some type of creative waterbottle peice. brings back that highschool days:smoking:

17. yea water bottles do suck you need a bottle that has a wide mouth peice like a gatorade bottle or like me i used a fuze bottle it works great...not really big enough to milk plus i didnt melt all the colored plastic stuff off the sides but i can burn a good .3g bowl in 1 big rip out of mine...and it took alot of work to get it to work that good...best thing i can advise is make it then test it out and adjust maybe the socket your using, how much water in it, possibly the stem, how big the carb is, you might need to cut the top to make it bigger if you wanna be able to clear it faster, things like that. personally my homeade bong hits just as good as some of my friends glass bongs they have bought and i love it.