Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking then drinking

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by stoned42, Aug 10, 2012.

1. made my day.

2. Marijuana is not a stimulant. It is a mix of both a depressant, and hallucinogen; leaning more towards hallucinogen. Very mild of course but definitely not a stimulant.

3. [quote name='"Fly Guy"']

made my day.[/quote]

So did your mother

4. No Im 20 so I am of legal age, I LIVE IN UK WHERE THE AGE IS 18!!! dont judge man, this is really frustrationg, thanks :smoke:

5. That wasn't anecdotal. I had a poor experience mixing the two. Therefore, I wouldn't recommend it.

6. #46 sleepy96, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012

I didn't mean it in such a specific definition you have implied, more that the receptors for cannabinoids are "stimulated" (whatever you want to call it) while alcohol is intoxicating you, that was the comparison I was making. But I get where you're going :smoke:

lol I was actually thinking that after I posted. Touche' good sir :p

7. dude understand physio before u talk about it. Alcohol receptors (called GABA A and B receptors) are stimulated when alcohol/ethanol is absorbed through your gut. That is why u feel intoxicated and dissociated with alcohol. Every drug stimulates the receptors but drugs are also classified as being a stimulant or depressant etc... depending on their effects on the person who ingested the drug.

8. #48 sleepy96, Aug 12, 2012
    Damn bro my bad I didn't know we had experts here :rolleyes:

9. yes i do know a lot about neurophysiology and it upsets me when people spout of shit that they have no idea what they're talking about and give wrong info to people who want to have an idea.

10. #50 sleepy96, Aug 12, 2012
    Alright calm the fuck down man. I was making a simple comparison for the dude, sorry I'm not on "your level" with neurophysiology :rolleyes:
    If you know so much then inform us rather than getting pissed :smoke:

11. I never smoke weed and drink alcohol unless I want to get messed up or I'm going out to a gathering or a party. I find drinking alcohol numbs the high and doesn't really let me experience the full effects of smoking weed.

Also you should be fine OP.

12. getting pissed and then thinking a joint would be a good idea is a bad idea....iv puked a few times from doing this. however doing them both at the same time (no more than 4 talls) or getting baked and then drunk are both good activities....basically how i live my social life. Its also good for conserving weed. like if you have a few beers you can have a beer in between the joints then i usually find i smoke less

13. My manager always tells me she gets a better high when she drinks and then smokes. She'll drink like 5 beers and light up a bowl, but I prefer not to mix the two. Unless you genuinely love the taste of beer (I'm not sure what you're drinking), why drink just 1 beer?

14. u know ur the type of individual that likes to push people. Why do u put a sarcastic (rolls eyes) face then. Im gonna get pissed because ur deliberately trying to piss me off. Why don't u learn to have some respect for others and maybe then u will have a little more intelligence. Keep yourself humble and your mind open and u will be surprised at how much u can learn. Stop being so arrogant.

15. because that's all daddy has left in the fridge :smoke:

16. #56 sleepy96, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    The bolded section makes absolutely no sense. Intelligence (IQ) is totally unrelated to/unaffected by the honorific feeling of respect.

I'm basically saying I don't care about your opinion at this point because you approached it like a know-it-all; if someone doesn't know what you know, then they are dumb. Maybe if you approached it more modestly trying to inform people, rather than bashing them for "spouting out shit that they have no idea what they're talking about" then they may be willing to listen to what you have to say. Regardless of how much you know, approaching people like they are lesser than you is not the way to go.

Sure I didn't know exactly what I was talking about, my bad, but is that really an excuse to react how you did? You disrespected me before I said a word to you, therefore I have no need to give you respect so your opinion is invalid to me. Maybe you need to rethink your understanding of "respect" before you expect people to give it to you. You pushed, I pushed back. Pretty simple how that works, but you should understand that, right?

Name calling is futile because I don't care what you think, and if you think calling people "arrogant" is going to make them listen to you then you are sadly mistaken! By the way, try and form complete sentences and words with punctuation before you accuse someone of their intelligence. That's something I call self-satisfying ignorance. You assuming I am close-minded is pretty ignorant too considering you have no basis to back it up. Either way you have shown your true face so I don't really care what you have to say at this point! :hello::smoke:

(I'm done now its just going to be petty arguing not related to the thread anymore. lol)

17. dont drink your fathers beer!!

seriously, does grasscity ever catch underage people?

18. I ended up doing it, I smoked like half an eigth then had a beer, felt soooooo warm inside :D

19. Get trashed then smoke.

Be prepared for mental triple backflips.

20. Haha cool man :smoke: