Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking the day before a game

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CasualSmoker024, Apr 27, 2013.

1. So, I'm fairly new to bud so I have yet to smoke the day before a game, first game of the season and I've only been toking for 6 months or so. I have a football game at 2 tomorrow, and I'm wondering if smoking a little bit tonight will carry over in a negative way. Not planning to go hard, just hit my one hitter a couple times to make it through the evening since I'm staying home to rest instead of going out tonight. If any of you guys have some solid weed/sports experience I'd love to here what you guys have to say

2. Psh... I'd smoke the day OF. The game ...

But no you should be fine...

3. No you'd be fine.

I actually was better at basketball back when I played in high school, to the point where the first time I played a game sober my coach benched me halfway through the second quarter hahahahahah (I could play well enough sober if I wasn't regularly playing while high, but when I was consistently playing high I was rusty sober).

4. Unless you were smoking all night long and eating tons of junk food you shouldn't notice much of anything. In fact just smoking a small amount might make you more focused and amped up for your game.

5. I feel more relaxed and what not. I didn't ever feel any nervousness or anything, which made me better. And many people actually play high, they say it makes em better. I don't know if I believe that, but they say it

6. i don't have enough sober games (in recent years) to compare, but i will say i am pretty good for being high all the time.

7. Yeah man, i literally did that yesterday:D,great for eliminating pre-match nerves.I play first team Rugby(Not from the states) and i toke the day before.Just make sure you get enough rest, And id suggest showering the morning of game day, helps to get rid of any ,"grogginess" from the previous night.

8. Alright, sounds like toking a little tonight shouldn't be a problem, just need to make sure all my equipment is ready to go first and then I'll get to toking, gonna make sure to go easy on it though

9. It will help you get a good nights rest!

10. Ive hot boxed before a Soccer game and did pretty good :) lol Just remember to eat right and keep hydrated

11. Yeah I'm better at hockey and i play AAA now that i smoke

12. Hell Ive toked between sets in tennis

13. i just toked yesterday before i went on a run, its fin but let me tell you its hell without water.

14. I know several All Americans in Soccer and many more amazing athletes that have smoked before big games and they have done very well for themselves. One was an NCAA D1 star player but lost his scholarship after failing 3 drug tests in a row.. This kid was given 2-3 weeks notice for every drug test too so that says something.

Also, I know of some athletes that lose their "mojo" if they smoke. This only seems to happen with more contact full sports where the player would be reluctant to hit or play aggressively.

It all depends on you as the player. You have to try it out so if this is a recruiting game or one that's more important to you I would hold off or try during a practice or scrimmage.

15. use to light up before organized lacrosse games. and I was starting goalie, youll be okay

16. Medicated 24/7 if I can’t do it “high” it can’t b done

• Like Like x 1
  17. I think I'm better if I bake before basketball games lol. Seems like you just flow more smoothly and somehow I feel weirdly able to breathe easier. 7yr old thread though lol