Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking stems???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gdub214, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Ive been smoking regularly for about a year now, and tonight i was fresh out of bud.
    A couple weeks back my buddy told me about smoking stems i thought it was bullshit but tonight when i was dry i thought i should give it a try.

anyone want to comment on that??

does it work??

2. It won't kill you, but you mightn't get too high, nor will it be as clean of a high.

3. yeah its harsh and nasty tasting and there isnt nearly as much THC on stems but it will definitely get you high if you smoke enough of them.

personally i cant handle the taste

4. put your stems in a pill bottle with a couple pennies and shake it around. that will knock a bunch of trichomes off the stems as kief. collect and toke.

5. That's very harsh for your throat. Might be better to make a tea out of them or something(considering if its effective or not)

6. no............................

dont smoke stems

just save them until you have alot and make hash out of it, ive been saving up for about a year and i have 15 grams of stems saved up.

7. dude i was desperate and smoked some stem this past week. it wasn't the first time for me and i'm sure it wont be the last. I smoked the stems out of my percd blue dot bong and that shit got me pretty high for about a half an hour. They were stems from some good weed though and you can almost see the little hairs and the trichs on the stems themselves.

8. I don't recommend this. I tried smoking stems a few times in really bad dry runs and it is easily the worst taste ever. It literally tastes like you're smoking a camp fire. Plus, unless the stems are from really good bud, you're not really going to feel it.

9. Waste of time. You'll just wind up with a nasty taste in your mouth and a sore throat. You might get a headache from it if you're lucky.

10. It will work if you smoke enough of them, but it's just too nasty and harsh to make it worth it. Shake 'em for kief or make brownies with them or something.

11. I use the stems from my harvest trimmings to make oil. I just use the ones from around where buds were; they tend to get some trichs on them.

12. Eww don't smoke stems. I save mine for tea. I'd rather not get high then smoke stems lol.

13. Its not gonna kill ya. Taste nasty? Yeah. Will it get you high? Eventually...If you got enough. If your that desperate by all means. I'd just try to find some more bud.

14. they will get you high, but dont use the thick ones cause thats straight up like smoking a piece of wood. scrape the skin with the trichs off of those thick stems, but dont smoke them. thats if your desperate

and oh...

Attached Files:

15. Just do what I do bro, save them in a seperate baggie with the leaf's and then when you get about half an o of them just make some good ol' blender hash. That is much better to smoke and will get you pretty high....its alot better then smoking streight stems which to me is like smoking little peices of wood. Really nasty and gives quite a banging headache.

16. That is the worst thing for your throat. Not only will it barely get you high for the mass amounts of smoke you will be inhaling, it is also TOXIC to smoke stems according to a study done by UCLA.

17. Why dont you just chew on the stems?
    Smoking them is nasty

18. If you put your bud in a coffe grinder with stems and grid that shit up well you can't tell the difference. Just grind them bitches up super fine and try.