Smoking stems

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by T.R.777, Jun 10, 2018.

1. I smoke bud/oil regularly and today I do not have any bud or oil and probably won't for the next few days. I have a bit of the weed stems saved from the last bud I was smoking and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts/knowledge about smoking stems. Is it even effective? Do you think it's unhealthy compared to regular bud?

2. You can, but if you're a heavy user it might not do much. I sometimes grind mine up when I'm making edibles or use them to make weed tea. Wouldn't expect much but it can provide relief if you are a lightweight like me. Nothing unhealthy about it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. trace detects of THC

thc grows on trics best found on buds

grow your own

and you need not resort to such tactics

good luck

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. They smoke harsh and kind of metallic tasting. Not much THC, but better than nothing. :coolalt:

If you have a lot, you can pulse blenderize them until you have 1/4 to 1/2 inch long "splinters" and greenish powder. Sift out the splinters and toss them. Smoke the green powder in a pipe. Still tastes awful but it concentrates what little THC there is.

Back when I started toking, indoor growing was very rare! So every summer, there would be the dreaded "Summer Drought" :eek2:, when the old crop was all smoked up and the new crop was not quite ready. A LOT of us ended up smoking stems back then!

(Now, I use the stems from buds in my hand cream and canna-oil. Bigger stems go in the wood stove.)

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Stems have a low amount of THC, are harsh to smoke and don't taste very good... but they definitely work. Like Granny said: back in the day we used to save our stems for the inevitable droughts, and smoke em when there was nothing else. These days I'd probably make cannabutter with them and make edibles. One last thing: the smaller the stem, the greater the potency. Also -- if you smoke them, the smallest stems are the least harsh.

6. Would rather smoke saved up resin than stems.

Prepare for a headache and crappy burned wood taste :(

7. just causes a mellow buzz if that. not worth it.

"And I thought hurricane season was over"

8. OP sounds like an addict lol who even smokes stems??

I save all my steam till I have an 8th then I freeze em with my grinder & shake the shit outta it & what little keif is there falls right off into the catcher lol

9. Stems are what you turn to when there's nothing else. When you've scraped out all the lung-fudge there is, toasted all your roaches, and swept up the last itty bits of herb from your containers.... stems. :poop::sad: After that, you might end up going hours or even days subsisting on nothing more than food and drink! :eek: