Smoking stems

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by KushCaptain, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Hey guys im wondering if anyone has ever tried smoking stems, I have collected all my stems from the last about 6 months, They are starting to take up alot of space and I now keep them in a old ammo box.

2. Go for it, if you like smoking wood.

Make qwiso with them.

3. Get ready for a harsh ass smoke, your throat will not thank you

4. ^^^^^

If that sounds enjoyable, I say go for it!

5. I've smoked stems before and actually got high. GC tends to be filled with "weed snobs" that usually throw away resin and stems and only smoke dank or even concentrates. There are some of us who try to conserve.. to answer your question yes you can. It will be a little harsh though, and I definitely don't reccomend smoking bowl after bowls of stems..

Make edibles instead, or qwiso hash (if you have enough)

6. LOL @ calling people who throw away stems "weed snobs"!

No, that's called normal.

7. Yeah, I dunno if it's snobbish to not smoke stems or resin, especially when one has the connects to not ever go dry.

But I do think the hate against people who DO smoke resin (or stems?) goes too far sometimes.

I'd grind em up and get kief from it, myself. Or make QWISO like someone else said.

8. Smoking stems is stupid. I save all of my stems and just recently made some awesome qwiso out of them
    And I'm pretty sure qwiso hash > a crappy bowl full of stems

I used to shake them up in a grinder with a screen for kief also

9. [quote name='"PAToke775"']

LOL @ calling people who throw away stems "weed snobs"!

No, that's called normal.[/quote]

I don't throw away my stems, as well as most of the people I've smoked with in the past. Only those who can afford to buy a constant supply of weed throw away stems, because if you save up, over time they accumulate and you can make hash or edibles and get high with what would have been trash.

This is great news for those of us that don't buy weed constantly, and its not of importance for those that do.

Therefore, its 100% irrelevant to how much you smoke on a regular basis.

10. I wasn't trying to imply that saving stems and making something out of them was a dumb thing to do.

Smoking them on the other hand definitely is.

11. [quote name='"PAToke775"']

I wasn't trying to imply that saving stems and making something out of them was a dumb thing to do.

Smoking them on the other hand definitely is.[/quote]

If I'm out of weed for a while and have a little bit of stems I'll smoke it, because it gets me high. So what's wrong with that? :confused_2:

On the other hand if you have a jar full of stems you probably shouldn't smoke it, there are better ways of using it... haha

12. il resort to smoking resin if ive been dry for a while but stems is like 99.9% wood 1% thc.fuck that u can shake the keif off of it or make hash if u want. im no snob but i usually just toss em.

13. As someone else said, HEADACHE. smoke the res if your desperate. you can if you want.. i have had to with a lil and i make shit with alot

14. Yeah I have had headaches from accidentally packing and smoking stems in my weed, I can only imagine what smoking an actual bowl of stems might do to me

15. I've topped some of my bowls with stems before, it's not bad but I've found that you can only smoke a little chopped up bit of stems otherwise the smoke is really harsh.

16. Just throw them in a bottle of vodka,alcohol extracts the thc and drink that shit straight

17. hmm.. I just weighed them 20g of stems, holy shit. I dont plan on smoking them, I just wondered if they actually got you high, I think ill extract the kief or do the vodka thing that someone said. Thanks everyone :)

18. [quote name='"KushCaptain"']Hey guys im wondering if anyone has ever tried smoking stems, I have collected all my stems from the last about 6 months, They are starting to take up alot of space and I now keep them in a old ammo box.[/quote]

Smoking stems lol make qwuiso or an edible

19. Can I use stems in my Volcano?