Smoking Room (Ideas Needed)

Discussion in 'General' started by catch22, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Comfy couch, Nice wooden coffee table with drawers. Plenty of high times and the like. Good size HD screen for gaming console with at least 2 controllers. Wireless laptop would be nice. Mini fridge to keep drinks and snacks. Small air conditioner/purifier to keep room fresh. Plenty of trippy/funny/informative posters, maybe even black lights. Then the goods; ashtrays, papers, blunts, blunt wraps, bowls, bubbler, bongs, vaporizer, butane torch, glass wand, and grinder.

If you had a bathroom attached, you have no reason to leave.

2. Stick to practicality at first. The basics are a main table for packing rolling whatever,(I would lay a towl out in the middle of it myself as well) a bunch of chairs (id make my friends all bring over their own throne), and a fridge. Someone mentioned padded floors, but its a lot easyer to just lay futon mattresses around the floor opposite the tv's/xboxs.

The Fridge is the key point though, keep 2 liters of cold water stashed in there and bust them out for the piece and have ice cold water whenever. (You know its cold enough when there is condensation on the outside of your piece and your hand is cold holding it ;))

3. A shitty old couch (maybe on the side of the road or something?) or a few chairs.
    Depending on how you smoke you might want a milk crate or coffee table
    A radio, speakers?
    If you plan on getting posters, you better get some fucking awesome ones so take your time deciding.

4. Great ideas guys keep em coming.

5. No painting? No problem! get curtain rods and cheap curtains whatever color is in your scheme, Maybe only one accent wall. Hang posters or pictures from the curtain rods in front of the curtains, or from the ceiling by fishing wire.
    Get some cheap carpet, and GOOD carpet padding(makes cheap carpet amazing). Maybe start with giant pillows if $$ is tight. Here is a website you can get the stuffing for pillows and mattresses - www.wholesalepillowinserts.com.
    BE careful of found sofas and chairs. A friend picked some up and they had bedbugs, Yuck!! Had to fumigate!!
    Good Luck, and watch the Home & Garden Channel for the cheap decorating ideas. They are really creative on some of them.
    Olde Hippee

6. the two most important things you can get in the room are bean bags, and a killer sound system.

7. mirrors. plants. colors.

I made a light box for my dorm that was real sick...just take a flo fixture from wal-mart and enclose it like a box without a bottom so it lights up the floor and you don't ever look directly into light.
    it was really chill for shrooms

8. Beanbag chairs.

Obviously.

9. I agree with pretty much everything here. And no smoking environment is complete without a good collection of music. My favorites to listen to while I'm high are Queen, Pink Floyd, Cypress Hill, Marley, and this trippy ambient music my friend always puts on (don't underestimate the power of electronica).

10. a plain old table, a chair, a big box of swishers, fat bag of mota, lighter and a 40oz of whatever you prefer. that's the way it would go down with me.

11. One word. Levels.

12. I'm selling all my blacklights for $55. 1 24" strobe, 2 24" remote controlled, 1 18" regular and 7 blacklight posters. Buy my shit. haha jk man. I know I can't sell shit here. I've been trying to unload this shit on craigslist and i got these losers that just keep falling through because they don't have transportation.

I'd definitely do blacklights though. maybe a smoke machine? but you guys will be creating the smoke anyway. I'd also suggest maybe getting a MiniFridge to put beverages and snacks so you don't have to walk for when watching movies or games.

13. Couches arranged in a square formation if possible.

A KICK ASS stereo system. The more "surround" the better.

If you like posters, there are plenty of posters out there which are visual illusions, those are fun.

A mini fridge, and a microwave. Crucial.

I wouldn't recommend black lights. Makes everything hard to see, and can result in spilled weed/other things.

A TV with satallite signal...the bigger the better.

An aquarium.

14. chain some lighters to the ground ;)

15. Need a slammin TV, slammin sound system, disco ball, black lights, bunch of trippy posters, and a stripper pole

16. for my smoking room (bedroom)
    i like to equip it with
    -bongs/pieces/weed (of course) & separate table for them
    -projector (usually $200-300) for mini theatre
    -decent sound system for music & movies
    -black light
    -fan on window for ventilation
    -2 big couches for me and a smoking buddy (couch is facing projector wall & is next to the window with a fan so joints wont dank up the place)

-a mini fridge would also be perfect for a smoking room!