Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking responsibly.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by jeffyjeff, May 8, 2021.

1. So I recently got approved for Medical Marijuana use in my state for anxiety, depression, and slight management for symptoms of Asperger's.

I have a habit of just non stop all day everyday smoking unless I'm somewhere where formality is expected of everyone.

I'm looking to slow down and cherish smoking for it's benefits instead of just inhaling it all. Any tips on properly adjusting dosing? I want to find a sweet spot but that only works if I rely on a single product because different strains give different effects. I'm not used to all this labeling, used to just opening up a Ziploc and going ham

(Also I noticed some states with Medical Cannabis programs sell really bad product, but here it seems okay)

2. Um, hold it longer? lol. I try to smoke only 3-4 bowls a day. If I smoke more than that, my tolerance goes too high for it to have a good effect. Try waiting 3 hours before you light up again. How do you usually smoke?

And what medical states have low quality stuff? I'm guessing the easternmost ones that recently legalized?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. If you mean holding the smoke in your lungs don't do that it's not going to get you higher. You're just giving smoke more time to harm your lungs

4. Sounds like carts and edibles would help you stay where u want to be and also be more discreet

5. #5 Storm Crow, May 8, 2021
    Last edited: May 9, 2021
    I would suggest edibles. Recently, I have cut way back on smoking for my lungs' sake. Having an edible in the morning helps me delay lighting up.

Granny

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Some eastern states, or maybe specific growers in the Midwest, seem to sell hilariously low quality flower. I know Texas has issues with high potency THC and CBD.

7. Dude my state is a joke. Their weed sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Me 2, only along with infused oil in my coffee in the morning, I have a low strength edible around noonish, and a stronger evening edible, followed by a sleepy time type capsule at night..

The longer I've been smoke/vapor free, the better I feel.

9. Edibles are by far the best bang for your Cannabis dollars. Made with BadKat's Hash Capsule recipe it becomes a whole new game. You must conserve. (or your to hammered to stand). Tolerance is not an issue. In fact it stacks in your system and you'll need to skip a day in 7. Day after day the same Intense as can be "STONE". Honestly no drug should work this well day in, day out with no real payoff if I just stop.

I made them seeking long duration pain relief and found an all day stone comes along for the ride. It never gets old. It's like being plugged in for the whole day. If I want a bit more a single small toke off the pipe kicks the stone into high gear for an hour or two.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

[​IMG]

0.166666 Grams of Kief in each capsule 75mg
    You'd need 0.333 of bud for the same high.25mg per capsule. You'd need 3.
    That is a bud the size of your pinky fingernail for an all day stone.
    You load more then that for a single hitter. :)

Screw a bunch of Responsible Usage. LMAO.
    Ok I took my capsule at 06:00 this morning. It's 11 hours later and just 2 small tokes of Kief and I'm every bit as ripped as I was as 08:00.

I'd never considered changing to a pure edible dosing back then. Mostly the brownies were just to unpredictably strong or dead assed weak. 1/4 bite would hammer you stupid or do nothing at all.

It does take a bit of experimenting to find that sweet spot but this recipe is dead on accurate every time so no nasty surprises once you find your dose. You'll know exactly what to expect.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  10. Considering edibles for sure, I'm just hoping to "find the dose" without greening out.

11. #11 BrassNwood, May 9, 2021
    Last edited: May 9, 2021
    Easy enough. We long ago figured out a safe and sane way that seems to work for everybody.
    [​IMG]
    For new users I make up a mess of 1 drop capsules. Made with Kief they are 3mg each.

Start early in the day as this can take a while and you'll be stoned for hours afterwards.

Take 10mg and wait 2 full hours.
    If not stoned
    Take 20mg more and wait another 2 full hours.
    If not stoned
    Take 40mg more and wait 2 more hours.
    If not...
    Continue to double the amount and waiting between doses until it works.
    Keep track of how much was needed and you have a baseline to start with the next day or attempt.

As long as you make the same recipe every time you only need to do this search for the sweet spot once.
    15-20mg is the most common requested dose for the oil I make.

BNW

12. Single serving.
    Decarb a bud the size of your pinky fingernail. 0.3 to 0.5 grams
    240 F for 40 minutes uncovered.
    Grind to as fine a dust as you can.
    Mix with just enough butter or cooking oil to make mud.
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.
    Chill and eat half.
    If not stoned in 2 hours eat the rest.

Abbreviated versions can be done in tinfoil or with a skillet on a stovetop. With a paint stripping heat gun,
    Hot engine block of a car, Bread toaster.
    As long as the bud is remotely close to first being decarbed before mixing with the oil it'll work.

This can be a bit tricky to judge and I was almost arrested for public intoxication at 10:00 in NYC just steps out of my hotel lobby. Damn I was a smidgen more stoned then I expected and it hit me hard between the elevator and the street door. Sort of stumbled right into the damn Cop. Opps my bad. :)

BNW