"smoking related cancers"

Discussion in 'General' started by Bananarama, Jan 3, 2013.

1. This comes from WUSL the school I go to, ranked within the top 20 colleges so I was quite suprised:

Marijuana

Composed of dried leaves of the cannabis plant
    Contains THC, a chemical that alters perception
    Short-term effects: feelings of relaxation, paranoia, euphoria, slowed thinking and reaction time, confusion, impaired balance and coordination
    Long-term effects: memory loss, shortened attention span, colds, breathing problems, increased heart rate, apathy, weight gain, gynecomastia (males developing breasts), and smoking related cancers

Substance Abuse | Student Health Services | Washington University in St. Louis

2. If I smoke ill develop breasts? Godammit...

3. Well, smoke in your lungs isn't a good thing at all. I honestly don't get where people think because it's a natural plant the smoke won't have a long-term affect on your lungs. Smoke is smoke I agree it's no where as bad as cigarette smoke but still. Maybe it's just me.

4. [quote name='"BatFreakingMan"']Well, smoke in your lungs isn't a good thing at all. I honestly don't get where people think because it's a natural plant the smoke won't have a long-term affect on your lungs. Smoke is smoke I agree it's no where as bad as cigarette smoke but still. Maybe it's just me.[/quote]

Yeah smokes definitely bad. The reason I think people get so confused is because although the smoke is bad for you, some studies have shown that thc may reduce cancer cell growth and thus the risk of cancer is seemingly lowered. But I don't think that it actually is ha. Where's storm crow?

5. #5 Storm Crow, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2013
    Gynomastia (Man boobs) from cannabis? Not according to the US ARMY! :eek:

Gynecomastia and cannabis smoking: A nonassociation among US Army soldiers
    (abst - 1977) Gynecomastia and cannabis smoking. A nonassociatio... [Am J Surg. 1977] - PubMed - NCBI

Weight gain?

Obesity and Cannabis Use: Results From 2 Representative National Surveys
    (abst – 2011)
    http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/conte...ract?sid=18de840f-92a2-40d2-b154-2e236ba97020

Marijuana Slims? Why Pot Smokers Are Less Obese (news – 2012)
    Marijuana Slims? Why Pot Smokers Are Less Obese | TIME.com

Fight obesity... with marijuana? (news – 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]Fight obesity... with marijuana? - The Week[/FONT]

Smoking related cancers?

{Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer.
    (abst - 2007)
    http://www.aacrmeetingabstracts.org...searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=1760&resourcetype=HWCIT

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news – 2007)
    Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows

[FONT=&quot]Media Ignored Expert's Shocking Findings That Marijuana Helps Prevent Lung Cancer: Now It's Med-School Material (news – 2012) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Media Ignored Expert's Shocking Findings That Marijuana Helps Prevent Lung Cancer: Now It's Med-School Material | Alternet[/FONT]

Hon, send me an email! (bottom of my sig) You NEED a copy of my List. It has most of those articles and hundreds more! Once you get your PDF, you can forward it to all of your friends, so all of you can do those papers on cannabis or the endocannabinoid system that you've always planned on doing! It really helps to have all of your research already done for you! :yay:

Granny :wave:

6. #6 Marijuana Malice, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2013
    Post deleted

7. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']Gynomastia (Man boobs) from cannabis? Not according to the US ARMY! :eek:

Gynecomastia and cannabis smoking: A nonassociation among US Army soldiers
    (abst - 1977) Gynecomastia and cannabis smoking. A nonassociatio... [Am J Surg. 1977] - PubMed - NCBI

Weight gain?

Obesity and Cannabis Use: Results From 2 Representative National Surveys
    (abst – 2011)
    http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2011/08/24/aje.kwr200.abstract?sid=18de840f-92a2-40d2-b154-2e236ba97020

Marijuana Slims? Why Pot Smokers Are Less Obese (news – 2012)
    Marijuana Slims? Why Pot Smokers Are Less Obese | TIME.com

Fight obesity... with marijuana? (news – 2012)
    Fight obesity... with marijuana? - The Week

Smoking related cancers?

{Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer.
    (abst - 2007)
    http://www.aacrmeetingabstracts.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/2007/1_Annual_Meeting/4749?maxtoshow=&hits=80&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=cannabinoid&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=1760&resourcetype=HWCIT

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news – 2007)
    Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows

Media Ignored Expert's Shocking Findings That Marijuana Helps Prevent Lung Cancer: Now It's Med-School Material (news – 2012) Media Ignored Expert's Shocking Findings That Marijuana Helps Prevent Lung Cancer: Now It's Med-School Material | Alternet

Hon, send me an email! (bottom of my sig) You NEED a copy of my List. It has most of those articles and hundreds more! Once you get your PDF, you can forward it to all of your friends, so all of you can do those papers on cannabis or the endocannabinoid system that you've always planned on doing! It really helps to have all of your research already done for you! :yay:

Granny :wave:[/quote]

Thanks granny :)