Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking regularly for 2 years, still having lung and coughing issues...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dsms, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Been smoking on a daily basis for a couple of years now and I still sometimes get very bad bouts of coughing... not so much during a sesh but way after, usually at night or even the next morning.

I realized a while ago that for me smoking right before bed usually results in my waking up in the middle of the night coughing heavily so I simply stopped smoking before bed to combat the problem. It helped a bit but not entirely.

Yesterday I had an afternoon sesh around 3pm (smoked 2-3 times within a few hours) and then went to bed around midnight. I woke up at 4am with very bad coughing and wheezing. This happens all the time and obviously its starting to piss me off.

I dont have asthma, I have taken t-breaks, tried taking smaller hits etc etc. and nothing seems to solve or at the very least reduce this problem. I understand some people are just more prone to coughing than others but I would think after regular use that my lungs would adapt at some point.

I rarely smoke papers or blunts. Usually its a bowl (incredibowl mini), a one hitter or my MFLB.

Any help on what to do/not to do would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

2. I get the same thing but not as bad and usually its in the mornings after smoking the night before but i dont wake up in the middle of the night and it just came out of nowhere and i wasnt coughing when i was smoking

3. #3 Thunderstrike420, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2011
    Number one, you may be dehydrated, so be sure and drink 3-4 tall glasses of water daily, gatorade, green tea, something to hydrate. (Remember everyone, smoking anything is dehydrating....lungs need water to recover from smoke) Secondly, you may be having allergies, not necessarily related to your smoking. I recommend getting tested. Finally, if you still get no relief, vaping may be the way to go for you.

4. how old r u? do u smoke cigs?
    if so what brand and how much..

you might want to go to edibles.

5. ^ Some very good insight. I'll try today to load up on water and see if it gives any relief. Thank you!

20. Dont smoke cigs.

Edibles are hard to come by where I am and I'd be lying if I told you I would take the time to make something myself :eek:

6. Do you smoke bongs?

Bongs can fill your lungs with water drops.

7. Dont have a bong.

If I am having a sit down sesh I either use my incredibowl mini or helix pipe with the bowl attachment (rarely do I use the bubbler attachment).... pretty much those 2 exclusively.

If im on the go I use a dugout and if im indoors its the MFLB.

8. Okay, i have this same problem....and have been trying to deal with it myself with no luck. the only difference is i can feel it right away, the second i take a hit, my throat is fucked.

-good idea, ill continue to drink more.
    -like go to the doctor and have them test me for different things i am allergic to?
    -why switch to vaping? is the vapor just a lot softer on your lungs?

i used to smoke a lot,
    but now i smoke on average 3 cigs a week. but i normally smoke 3-6 blunts a day with anywhere from 2-5 heads on them

i have always kind of figured that tobaccy was what was tearing up my throat (thats why i cut back on how much i smoke, i use cigs as a reward for myself now instead of something to do when bored)
    the thing is, i wont stop smoking blunts.

sorry for all this imput in your thread OP, but if you find ANYTHING that works to chill out your throat you please let me know

9. Taking a shower does the same thing...

Aside from vaping, using a bong is probably the next best option.

I've been smoking daily for 3 years, those first 2 years I smoked mostly blunts and I had chronic bronchitis. Now I pretty much only hit my bong and I never have a chronic cough or even any irritation in my throat.

Blunts kill your lungs and throat

10. #10 kliff2004, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2011
    I would recommend getting a nice cheap gong bong, and a carbon filter.

If your lungs are sensitive, smoking anything will irritated them, even weed.

A carbon filter will remove all of the dangerous chemicals from the smoke and only leave THC behind.

Some people have issues saying that carbon removes flavor, others say it doesnt happen.

I can say that I sitll taste my weed, and whenI use my hemp wick I taste taht also.

Depending on the blunt wrap, it can be just as bad for your health as cigs.

Blunts destroy my lungs something awful, and my throat.

and I get an awful head buzz from the Nicotine thats probably in it.

11. use a bong with a diffuser,perculator,ice catcher and splash guard,,,and be sure to use ice and fresh water,clean it constantly..

couple good companies are.

roor
    medicali
    illadelph
    black leaf..

i clean mine with salt and rubbing alcohol and it comes crystal clean....

hope u figure it out man!!

12. i just re-read your post,and heres the deal,,,your lungs repair themselves,,and the fact that you dont smoke cigs means that as soon as your done with your "sesh" and go about your day,your lungs start working on repairing themselves..and when you fall asleep,you breath much heavier and they repair themselves even faster,trying to get rid of any toxins in them,,so when you wake up,and you feel like its rough to breath or you have a coughing fit,its actualy your lungs trying to get rid of the toxins through the only way out,and thats your mouth...after you finally get the phlem up,can u breath better?

i would stop smoking papers and blunts all together. and start using water.

hope this helps.

13. heres to throat>sweetsweetgreenblunts
    looks like i should go buy a new bong as a toy to keep me busy...
    lets hope the girlfriend is down to quit blunts too :confused_2:

14. i use a bong a home or a vape and i use a bubbler on trips.

i have a silver surfer vape and it works quite well.

15. vaping only lets thc into your body, it doesnt even combust the bud, just warms it enough to let the thc out, so yes, its alot softer on your lungs, because theres no smoke