Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking progressively less

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by rosemarysbaby, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Been smoking most of my life..for the last 10 years I smoke about 1/2 ounce per month,but, I've noticed lately that just taking a small toke or bong hit keeps my buzzed for hours, whereas, previously, I would smoke two or 3 spliffs to get the same high?? any of you notice htis effect?

2. This does happen to me off and on with no breaks in my smoking habbits at all.

I find that a bat or 1 hitter packed with headies has been getting me as high as a bowl or two of headies does. I'm not sure why this happens.

Very strange. I wanna try to make my tolerance that low all the time without a t-break. I just don't get why it happens like this lol?:confused:

3. i used to smoke alot too, i have cut back since ... now i get ripped of a 1 doob for like hours, not too mention sum slight anxiety now that i smoke less.but where i live its seasonal too theres only really good pot around in the fall ,so thats when i smoke the most,not mention my living situation kinda limits me too.

4. i think it's cuz the weed can only get you so high then it hits a ceiling and smoking more won't take you beyond it.thats why i don't roll joint and blunts anymore,waste of my weed.but if some1 pass me there blunt,shit i'll hit.:smoking:

5. Do you always smoke the same kind? Switching to a new strain or getting some better stuff could cause this effect.

6. i dont really smoke that much.

i dont pack big bowls, i actually only put a few crumbs in (to keep my tolerance low) and i save the big bowls for a group or if one day i just feel like smoking a full bowl.

but i still smoke basically everyday, and it saves me lots of money.

7. I dunno about this question. Sometimes i do notice that i can smoke 2 joints and get just as high as if i smoked a couple of spoon bowls. Really it all comes down to what it is that you are smoking dankess wise.

Usually my smoking goes up or down depending on what i have to do that day is it a weekend, etc. Usually ill smoke bewteen .4-2.0 grams per day.

8. gram wise i probably only smoke between 0.1-0.3 per day. and if you do that all the time you will notice that you will get just as high as people who smoke 2-4 grams a day.

9. I don't think it's related to the strain I smoke, I do switch up what I smoke from time to time, it's impossible for me to always get the same strain anyhow.

I agree with the above posters ... it's likely that I've unintentionally lowered my tolerance. Which is saving me TONS of cash. I take a very small toke from the bong every couple of hours and it comes out to about 1/2 gram or less per day. My lungs feel better, and I'm high all day!!!

10. I have noticed this. Sometimes I get just as high taking 2-4 hits from a bowl as I do smoking a whole, tightly packed joint. I don't get it, but everytime I roll one up I feel like im wasting weed. :eek:

11. I only take one or two bong hits at a time nowadays and still get stoned. I've been smoking for almost 15 years, not steady, but for the majority of the time. It would just be a waste for me to smoke more, which is nice because I can make an eighth last 1-2 weeks.

12. Thats what I am going to try to do. I live in a dorm room, so I can't use a bong or anything, but I recently ordered a one hitter off this website, and I hope that it helps me conserve.

13. I agree with OP. smoking less gets me higher.

i always re-learn this idea , but its good to keep in mind

14. The same has happened to me. I find that the more I smoke the easier it is to get high from a smaller amount. Tolerance isn't linear with weed, you need a particular tolerance to get a particular high, but I don't know anyone that has a tolerance in which a small amount *can't* get them high.

15. Same here. Now that I'm older [post-college], 23, and must maintain a professional life in the real world, I choose not to smoke massive amounts in one session because 1.) it's very wasteful, especially with good quality weed, and in this economy every dollar goes a long way; and 2.) I find that for most bud around the 15-20% THC range, all I really need is a hit or two to get me going, and then in a couple hours or so, another hit. I'll usually take a dugout with me during the day for when an emergency hit is needed, but I usually smoke daily: morning, after-work, and then before bed. I used to blow through a couple of ounces a month personally, but now I can stretch a gram to a couple of days, roughly 1/2 ounce a month. This of course is all recreational smoking and might not would apply if I required it medically.

Also, there are times when I use more than a hits-worth such as smoking with friends, playing golf, or on a day when I have absolutely nothing going on... but lately that's not been the case.