Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking preferences

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by love3minem, Oct 11, 2008.

1. is it easier to buy the papers or smoke from a pipe?
    i didnt buy either yet and am wondering which is better & more cost effective

2. get both, then get a bong, bubbler, and uhhhh make a firecracker. then use all of them in one night. :hello:

3. #3 sikander, Oct 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2008
    One isn't necessarily better than another. Just buy some papers and a cheap glass piece, and see which experience you like more.

I personally prefer pipes because I HATE to roll and I like the finer-grained control of exactly how much goes into the pipe at a time but I have friends who swear by joints and won't use a pipe if they can get their hands on some papers.

4. okay thanks guys :eek:

5. dude seriously... fuck joints.... expecially if ur smoking high mids-dank... its such a waste dude.... dont get a 1hitter if u want small and portible... but u must have a small glass pipe....

6. Well that question is debated often and to be honest its just a matter of opinion so i will give you some pros and cons of both. First off think of joints of like saab's some people are obessed with those cars and swear by them and some hate them. So you may love rolling and just want papers however papers tend to waste weed sometimes and take time to roll. However if you hear sirens its easier to ditch a joint then it is a pipe. A pipe is convient especially if you get a small one hitter but doesn't get you as high as say a few huge hits from a joint would or a small glass bubbler. The good thing about them is they usually dont waste any weed and all you hafta do is repack it after 5-10 hits. So try both and think about the pros and cons of both.

Either way will fuck you up.

7. IMO it is important to have an arsenal of smoking tools. I love having choices! Papers are good but if you suck at rolling then thats a no go. A small spoon pipe is great for portable sessions. Every seasoned toker owns a bong and for me that is my favorite way to blaze. It gets me ripped everytime. I also enjoy a nice bubbler

My advice is to try and smoke from every type of piece out there and see what your preference is.

8. whats a bubbler??:confused:

9. #9 sikander, Oct 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2008
  10. AINT NOTHING WRONG WITH JOINTS MAN. what about when your taking a walk through a theme park or a nature park or something, you cant just bust out a pipe you will look like a fucking crack head. i grew up smoking joints and ill be damned if you try to give them a bad rep mr. "i smoke out of a shower head pipe in my pinches".

11. a bubbler is a "water pipe"

[​IMG]

this is mine.
    i bought it for a very good price ;]

12. ^^ Looks nice!

I'd recommend getting both, I mean, you need to be prepared and have all smoking supplies on hand. Personally I prefer a pipe as it's quicker, there's no roaches to keep track of (had some close calls cuz of that), and if there's a carb it gets me more stoned. :smoke:

13. That depends on your situation. If your trying to save weed, go with a pipe. If you don't want to keep getting a new pack of papers, go with a pipe.

With a pipe it will last as long as you don't break it, papers only last till you use the last one. A pipe may cost more at first, but it will save you money from buying a new pack of papers all the time.

14. As far as what's cost-effective, let me lay it out for you.

A decent glass pipe (which you'd want to buy; not a cheap metal one) runs you about $20-$30 depending on your location and what you want. I live in upstate NY so that's the price here but I went to Newport Beach, CA for a vacation once and saw a headshop and the prices were much higher. Using a pipe conserves weed compared to a joint because it's not constantly burning and you can choose exactly how much you want to smoke.

Joint papers are really cheap... like $2 a pack, depending on the brand, quality, size, etc. You have to use more weed in a joint than you probably would when smoking bowls, so in the long run, if all you smoke are joints, it'll end up costing you more. Joints are nice though, because they're easier to smoke, especially with 1 or 2 other people. I love smoking joints (or blunts) while sitting outside.

I recommend buying a decent glass bowl AND a pack of papers (they're very cheap). Mainly use the bowl but roll a joint if you're in the mood.

Edit: Mr Bunglesmith has a good point. Papers don't last forever, and you'll have to buy more (although, like I said, they're cheap) while a pipe will last forever, as long as you take good care of it.