Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking Pollen?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Team_Waffle, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Hello GC! recently I was out on my back porch smoking with some friends, and one of my friends used my grinder for a blunt we smoked. When he was done grinding the weed, he emptied the grinder on the table. I didn't really think twice about it, and we smoked the blunt. The next day, though, I noticed there was still a bit of some dank on my table from when my friend emptied my grinder. I decided to use a card and get all the weed on the table and put it in my grinder so it wouldn't go to waste, hoping I might get a bit of keif too. I noticed, however, that there was some fresh pollen on my table after I scraped up the weed. I'm pretty much sure I got a bit of pollen in my grinder from the weed, so I'm wondering if someone (especially someone with allergies) smoked some weed with pollen on it, could it cause some allergy problems?

2. #2 Jingo Dookstain, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
    I'm no doctor, but I'm going to list two (somewhat) logical outcomes:

1.) The smoke from the pollen travels down to your lungs and your body is no longer able to physically grab the pollen. You start to get an allergic reaction in your throat all the way down to your lungs.

This is assuming that the cause of allergies from pollen lies in the pollen itself and is not a reaction from physical contact and irritation of pollen and the internal walls of the throat.

2.) The pollen is burned down and is rendered harmless as there is no way the pollen can hook itself to the throat.

This is assuming that the cause of allergies from pollen is due to the pollen irritating the throat as it comes in physical contact.

Honestly, I'm sure every bit of weed I've smoked has had some pollen in it. Now, I've never smoked so much pollen that I could actually see it... but, I dunno. I personally wouldn't risk it unless I was extremely desperate to get high.

3. If you dont have dangerous allergies to it, its likely totally fine.

4. Agreed. I believe it would probably be burned the moment flame touched it rendering it near harmless. As long as there is more bud and keif than pollen, you will be fine.

5. I believe you see kief not pollen. Pollen is produced by male plants only if I am correct. It's the plant way of sticking its dick out to the world.

6. I'm not worried about something bad happening from pollen, I just don't want a stuffy nose haha

7. if there is pollen in your weed kief, it will be burnt when the lighter touches the weed no worrys man