Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking out of aluminum foil

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MadDroIngo, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Ive heard it is bad and it isnt bad where is the proof?

2. Its bad for you, blows holes in your brain :)

3. i'd only do it when nothing else was available. and since i have 5 nice pieces of glass and live 2 minutes from a gas station thats never. foil hits like shit anyway. by a glass. your life will improve in so many ways.

4. aluminum has to be heated up to a vapor form before it can be inhaled, but not even a butane lighter is hot enough to do that.

this guy explains it pretty well

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/32056

5. When I was a kid I smoked out of aluminum foil and thought it was ok. Now I've got a few nice glass pieces and I will never go back to aluminum foil. I feel like glass is really just that much better. Get a glass bowl. You'll love it.

6. it may not be bad for you physically, but fuck me it makes your weed taste like shit... only recommended in desparate times.

7. ive been wondering this too since ive broken four carbs in a month and havent been able to get a new one so ive been making a nice foil bowl and slider for my bong. is this harmful?

8. its bad for you, gives you alzheimers. dont do it

9. When in a pinch. i might take a piece of tin foil and roll it around a pen. The just bend one end up a little bit and you've got yourself a disposable pipe.

10. Smoking Using Aluminum Foil

Most brands of aluminum foil (Renoyld’s Wrap with the anti-stick coating and similar brands being the exception), are untreated and remain 99.9% aluminum (again with the .1% being residues and other agents in the manufacturing process)

In order to inhale aluminum it would have to be changed from a solid to a vapor. This requires a lot of heat. More heat than what it produced by a butane lighter. A butane lighter is not even capable of melting aluminum, if a lighter fails to melt the aluminum, it will not be able to change the aluminum into a vapor.

11. We use it for hookahs, although I do not know if it is entirely the same when it comes down to using it for different smoking purposes, for the foil is heated, rather than burned for a hookah. Then again, aluminum is metal right? From what I know, I'm pretty sure that you need to heat it up pretty good to actually get something from it.

12. Hookah is different, tinfoil is used as a barrier between the coal and the sheesha or weed and the smoke is then filtered through water before reaching your lungs. Though tin-foil might not be physically harmful, I would advise against it.

13. Not really too bad for you, but if used a lot I've heard it can cause lock jaw(and actually saw a thread on here where it happened to the OP). Get a glass piece! Better taste, and you can scrape resin off glass. Plus, a huge bonus is of course that you're not smoking off tin foil.

14. I personally wouldn't do it because there's no hard proof one way or the other

if I really don't have access to a pipe/bong or for some reason can't go down the street to get a blunt or papers or don't have the mental capacity to make a nonaluminum smoking device, then I'd just wait it out

15. ok so i wrote a big ole thing about this and it got lost for some reason, thanks internet!!!!!

My reason for writing was to say that we all start off with the home made pieces.

I have gone through the toilet paper roll turned into a steam roller and all others.

Smoking through tin foil is bad, i used to use metal screens in my glass bowl, like a rebel.

honestly if it worries you smoking through metal like you are, i would advise getting a glass bowl (doesnt matter where, glass is glass) and also glass screens (which my local Mile High Pipe and Tobacco have recently got glass ones with long ends on both sides so you cant lose them as easy!!!!).

I also recently ordered some Bee-Line from Hawaii, which is hemp rope covered in bee wax for flamability. It is alot better then lighter fire, which is sparked from butane and flint. Neither of which are good for anything to people

I need to stop writing, cause im drunk and this is taking to damn long to provide advise to the youngin's. Love ya'll, you're the future of marijuana, and better do a damn good job.:D:D:D

JK, even if you dont do shit about it, I'll be high as shit!!!!!!!!!:hello:

16. think about all those baked potatoes you eat.
    no dif.