Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking out of a socket wrench piece?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by OrdinaryWorld, Apr 25, 2011.

1. First of all, I'm talking about in a pinch; so don't say "Ohh, why don't you just go out and buy a real one?"
    So, anyways, how safe do you guys feel smoking out of socket wrench pieces is when used as the bowl of something like a water bottle bong or water bottle pipe?

Because I know that using foil of some kind is unsafe.

Thanks, guys.

2. I did it before, but obviously only if there isn't anything else. Aluminum foil is last on my list.

3. Make sure it's been sterilized, completely cleaned, and isn't painted on and it shouldn't be bad at all.

4. I did it a lot when i was younger. It should be fine. Just clean it, as previously stated.

5. as long as its clean it good and theres no paint on it's not gonna be bad.

6. Alright, thanks guys. Don't worry, I'll clean it. Just wanted some assurance before I did it.
    It'll come in handy in a pinch.

7. Yea it's fine with a little screen in it it's the perfect cheap bowl

8. Socket heads are fine. They're usually stainless steel. Those made up a majority of my pieces when I started.

9. I can't drive, so I can't really get a piece. I use sockets for bowls and build new pieces all the time, and I'm sure I'm still healthy.

10. I use sockets for gravity bongs, which I use ALL the time.
    So far I still feel healthy and haven't noticed any problems.
    And I've been high as fuck because Gravity Bongs are the shit lol :D

11. Gotta love those homemade bongs :smoke:

12. A classic fix. A lot healthier than a soda can. I've used it in a pinch, it does the job. Works especially well on gravity bongs made out of recycling :p

13. They work wonders for the bowl portion of the bong.

14. Contrary to common belief...sockets have a huge impact on your health. Dunno why anyone hasn't realized this.

All sockets, unless specifically stated otherwise, are wrapped around a chrome alloy so that it can resist rust and oil compounds so that the socket lasts longer. When you heat up the socket, some of the chromium is realeased, having seriously detrimental affects on your health, as is: 
    -Skin rashes
    - Upset stomachs and ulcers
    - Respiratory problems
    - Weakened immune systems
    - Kidney and liver damage
    - Alteration of genetic material
    - Lung cancer
    - Death

Dunno about the last one, but go spend a few dollars on a good bowl instead of tens of thousands at the hospital.

15. Source?

16. Smoke with your hand. Put nug in one end and light it, when it gets hot dump it

17. OMG this question was asked in 2011 and here I am answering it anyway.

a socket is fine. same thing as the stainless steel bowls that come with some pipes. I have smoked out of sockets lots of times. Aint nothing wrong with me with me with me with me with me with me

18. if the stainless steel wrench peice isnt chrome coated and doesnt heat up enough to start melting any hard plastic its connected to, ex; dont hold a lighter to one for an extended period of time

19. Sockets are the consensus for desperate do it yourselfers. Just the other day my buddy made a pumpkin pipe with that as a bowl. I dont recommend using it as your piece for the rest of your life, but a few times aint gonna kill you