Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking out of a FIMO bubbler pipe?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Qwertyyuiop, Mar 25, 2012.

1. My best friend's birthday is coming up soon, and I thought it'd be an awesome idea to make her a bubbler out of FIMO. However, I was researching online and found out that it's harmful to smoke out of FIMO because getting it hot releases harmful toxins, or something. Then I realised I could just buy a metal/glass bowl with a downstem attached, and insert that into the clay - that way, the bowl would still be made from metal/glass (just surrounded by the clay)... so surely that wouldn't still be harmful? Any answers are appreciated, I really need to know because I don't want to make it for her if it'll be harmful to smoke from... :D

2. I would just buy a glass bubbler. I dont know how much FIMO is but I think it would be worth the investment to get a nice blown piece.

3. But OP is trying to make a gift which IMO is thoughtful... As long as the clay is intert after it dries and doesn't react with the water or smoke you should be okay because you're heating the glass bowl which wouldn't transfer enough heat to make the clay react.

But to be safe I would go with the 1st reply and just go buy a glass piece :p glass is just very easy to clean/hit

4. Thanks guys :) Yeah, I've been having second thoughts... whilst it would be awesome if it does all go to plan, there's a lot of room for it to go wrong, and then I'd be screwed... I was thinking I could maybe get her a clear glass percolator bubbler, do you think it'd be possible to find a reasonably good quality one for £20 or under (about $35 I think)?

5. It might be hard to find a perculated glass bubbler for $35. If your lucky you can find one for about $60. You dont want to buy a really cheap one although because the glass is probably thin and poorly crafted. Check out your local head shop and see what you can find! Good luck! :smoke: