Smoking out of a can?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by panicandrew, Jan 6, 2010.

1. I'm sure there's a post about this somewhere but I just need some straight up answers.

Is it safe to smoke out of an aluminum can?
    There's so many of what I believe to be myths going around about the harm that it can cause you.. sure it wont be too tasty but can you really get shit like alzheimers from smoking out of a soda can?

What bad stuff can happen? When I think about it I think it's pretty dumb, maybe it'll give you a bad taste but that'd seem to be mainly because you're burning the dye off the can or even burning soda left on the inside.

2. NOPE. not safe at all. even a aluminum metal pipe taht you buy is not safe for long term use, but a CAN is painted and printed with lots of dye that is toxic, and that fact that the layer of aluminum is very thin is not good either.

Not to mention that inside of all aluminum cans there is probably a plastic resin lining, to keep chemicals from leaching into the drink and affecting taste...At leats thats how soup cans are treated.

Dont do it, if you need a home made piece, use an apple. And if you need a bowl, use a socket(make sure to wash it good!)

3. and the reason some say you can get alzeimers, is because that people who do have it have an unusually high amount of aluminum in their bodies. But ironically, using cannabis regularly after the age of 51 will prevent Alzeimers forever.

4. ive done it before its not a great smoke. i usually hotknife when im low on bud/dont have a peice and i just did as a matter of fact lol gets u ripped off very little

5. Just buy glass.

6. dude just get a apple or somethin the last time i smoked out a popcan i was 7

7. pop cans are no good....use a apple. if you dont have that potatos are wicked too....baked potato haha