Smoking out of a beer can bad for you?

Discussion in 'General' started by MagicDrumSticks, Apr 12, 2008.

1. I've heard this is bad for you countless times, but I'm a person who likes to know "how?" and "why?"

Also. I took about 3 big hits from a can yesterday, got pretty baked, but woke up this morning with a KILLER headache, could it have to do with the can?

Thank ye guys!

2. heating aluminum can give off toxic fumes. aluminum deposits have been found in brains suffering from Alzheimer’s Disease and while correlation doesn't mean causation, its best to keep your exposure at a minimum.
    It must be noted that lighters won't get the metal hot enough for mass combustion (melting point is 1220.58 F), but you still exposing yourself to more aluminum than you need.

besides the metal, theres a ton of other chemicals coating the inside of the can that are toxic as well.

3. ive puffed out of a lot of cans,, just this week i was blazin down thru a can,,,, wed. thur. and friday.... blazin out of a redbull can

i like them because they are small....

lets just say that my job,,, it's wiser to take a little bit of weed with me,, and use a can ,,,for the delivery apparatus,,,

4. ever thought of using a dugout instead, chicken? I can smoke just about anywhere with one of those things.

[​IMG]

5. just buy a really cheap pipe or roll your bud..

6. i had a dugout once,,,,, i lost the lid,,, i see that one has a screw in it,,, smart idea,,,

im subject to being pulled at any time while working,,,, '' to weigh or inspect '' my vehicle,,

so i usally roll 1 joint,, or take a little weed,, and buy a red-bull..

7. yea dugouts are the shit, I had a cheap one that looked like half smoked cigg, ONly problem was it heated up WAY TO FAST and i would end up burning my lips everytime i smoked it.

8. i hate using cans. Just me

9. had the same problem. that and getting a mouthfull of liquid resin. yuk