Smoking & mood swings

Discussion in 'General' started by I Wayne, Sep 12, 2012.

1. First off, I was really depressed after I quit smoking for the first time. I had smoked nearly daily from being 15 to 18. Now that it is 2 years later and I be-rid my depression, I can not smoke and be 100% fine. But, every time I occasionally smoke, the following day my emotions change.

If I smoke, the day after I will get angry at the most stupid things, which follows with depression. I'm talking severe depression, it corresponds to how much I have smoked the prior day. For instance, last night I smoked. Today at work I got angry at things I normally wouldn't have, then depression I wouldn't have follows (such as my life sucks, I want to die. and that is not how I think).

Most people will knock on this. But it's just how my body reacts. I am curious why. If anyone can give me advice I'd appreciate it! And please keep all smart ass comments to yourself. (I notice I have to say this at the end of every post to weed out the unnecessary comments).

2. You could also just be telling yourself this and making your brain think that way, almost like a placebo effect. Or you really haven't gotten rid of your conditions fully and are just using the weed as an excuse for it happening. Either way just quit smoking until you can control it better and you'll be better off.

3. That makes sense. Although I can guarantee you my emotions are enhanced after I smoke, such as the depression is worse.

4. Then quit smoking? :confused_2:

5. I have this problem toooo, but usually if I smoke it goes away :smoke: