Smoking marijuana as a teen may have lasting brain effects.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Iceman420, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Shit then...I guess i'm fucked.:smoking:

2. I waited until I was 20 to smoke for a reason. The brain isn't fully developed yet (even at my age of 22) and the frontal lobe takes until around 17-19 to give a person a good sense of foresight (from what I've read) so it's best not to fuck with anything until you're done growing. After that though moderate Cannabis use is innocuous as far as my experience! :smoke:

3. I think its interesting that with this fact in play the govt tells you NOT TO DO ANYTHING under 21 as to let your self fully develop, then prescribe aderal and ritalin to the masses at age 7..... that shit is proven to fuck a LOT of stuff up in the body..... IMHO if everyone who had been prescribed either at that age that then became accustomed to its use for daily function, if they had just vaped .1 grams of weed every morning....i bet they would have had less trouble focusing (as low levels of thc are proven to assist with learning and focus) and they wouldnt be addicted to nasty liver killing pills of mind control lol...but i do agree with the article that doing anything heavily that alters brain activity before being fully developed isn't the best idea.

4. Good thing I waited till I was 18. now i'm the smartest man in the world!

i think most people would agree that the younger you start doing "drugs" including alcohol or even caffeine, the more likely you'll fuck up your brain. but I'm not sure we really know when the brain is fully developed. Its possible your brian never stops developing! which would mean we're all fucked.

5. I need to see the study where a human or rat frontal cortex is damaged directly from THC.

Like Bill Hicks says, smoking doesnt make you dumber, you just realize some things are not worth a damn to be conscious of...

Hasn't affect my cognitive ability and i started pretty early.

6. Moderate cannabis use during teenage years from personal experience has had little to no effect on me with exception of not being able to spell for shit but thats more my fault.

And plus the knowledge gained from cannabis use is ways out the cons in my opinion.

7. #8 weednotcrack, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
    hmmm..not troubling at all.still minor damage in my book compared to the all those pills and alcohol,the damage from those things is crazy:eek:

8. Yea i started heavily at 15, id say the only thing i HAD issues with was memory, studying for instance, but my brain trained itself to learn high.... I dont see any lingering issues of being high all day everyday since 15.... lol and when i do ill get back

9. Which is why I entirely disagree with prescribing drugs like those to minors. They are, without a doubt, more dangerous than weed.

10. Been Blazin' since 16,now 54. There's nothing wrong with wrong with wrong with me.
    What were we talking about????
    Shhhh, run and hide THEY'RE watching us!!!!
    Can I have a cookie now?
    Muhahaha!:devious::ey::laughing::laughing:

11. I know haha its funny how fucking blind everyone is to the fact they pretty much feed us shit that kills people all day, every day, while completely ignoring the fact.... that no matter what they find that weed does negatively, the positives out weight them by 1000000000x

12. Cookie Monster robot on the fritz

13. Started at 13, am now 19...My brain is just fine :)
    In fact, it's more than fine.
    I was in gifted classes all throughout school.

14. I started smoking at 14. I'm 18 now. I don't know exactly how weed has affected me, or what kind of person I would've been had I never started smoking, but I love who I am. I wouldn't chage myself for the world. No regrets.

15. you do have a point there. Im just somewhat concerned for my younger brother. Hes one of hte most smartest kids ive met, and his mentality and just thoughts are above his age level. No lie, but he's not a daily toker, but he smokes from time to time, and idk what kind of affect it has on him. Last time he smoked was october 2nd, and hasnt since because of school. But idk, im somewhat worried.
    He's fifteen by the way

16. Noticed nothing then and nothing now...Dont care and never will I rather be a dumb ass pot head then an ugly ass crackhead. :wave:

17. Relying on the govt for unbiased views of bud, ohheeeelllya

Reefer madness, man! I think I'm catchin it!:wave:

18. You can not say that with any sense of surity though you may be wholeheartedly sincere. You can't see a parallel version of yourself who hasn't smoked. You only have yourself to compare to.....Nothing. Therefore, you can't say that.

19. God damn. Are those the only options? :(