Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking marijuana and circulation

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Jaimster10, Mar 30, 2017.

1. So, this is my understanding: Smoking weed weed improves circulation, right? So how can there be studies stating that smoking weed causes blood vessels to constrict due to the carbon monoxide found in the smoke. How can the blood vessels constrict at the same time that the circulation is improved. Am I not seeing something here. It doesn't make sense. I'm a diabetic and I want to be sure that smoking weed is not going to negatively effect my circulation, heart, etc. If someone could enlighten me I would appreciate it because this has been bugging me for the longest time.
    Thanks,
    JI

2. Combustion releases carbon monoxide. If you don't smoke, you'll be fine. Vaping or other methods won't negate the respiratory benefits of marijuana. If you choose/prefer to smoke, I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

3. Weed dilates your blood vessels. This is why eyes get red. In turn it should improve circulation, I'm a type 1 diabetic. I try to keep my numbers as good as can but I eat food that I like (within reason I mean I don't go apeshit with the carbs), I smoke bud, cigars from time to time, etc. Last I checked I'm gonna die one day and the longer I live the less I seem to give a shit when that will be. Smoke em if you got em there's worse shit to worry about.

4. Dr Donald Tashkin .... he's the leading researcher on smoked cannabis... please research his findings, you will feel much better after doing so= guaranteed

edit- endocannabinoid system .... that is the functioning homeostasis inducing system in our bodies that cannabis compounds ( phytocannabinoids) activate when we ingest those compounds... the activation of the endocannabinoid system via phytocannabinoids provides a buffer for the crap in the smoke if you choose to smoke them down

5. Any articles in particular you recommend regarding this subject? Thanks for the replies