Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking makes me overly tired?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by shadowstryker, Aug 19, 2015.

1. #1 shadowstryker, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
    Does anyone else get overly tired after coming down from being high? I just woke up from a 11-hour "nap". This only ever happens when I smoke alone, though. It really sucks because I used to work out 5 days a week and now I'm usually too tired after smoking to be motivated enough to go. I literally feel like weed is turning me into a stereotypical deadbeat "druggie". How do I prevent all of this? Is it just because I'm already in a deficit of sleep? In which case, why do I only start feeling tired after smoking alone?

2. Do your shit before you smoke, it's easy, if you get lazy on weed don't smoke it if you got stuff to do, or smoke sativa and get it done faster

3. What are you doing after you smoke and start to get tired?

If I dab oil and lay on the couch after work watching tv then imma fall asleep in an hour

If I go hang out with wife after dabbing and am active then I stay awake.

You have to keep your mind active, if you get bored then you will get tired, and yes lack of sleep + smoking = more tired

4. #4 wheatfat, Aug 19, 2015
    It's normal bro, weed (especially Indica strains) is notorious for the body high and drowsiness it induces. It's great for insomnia. Listen to music and chill out until you go to sleep, then when you wake up you'll feel fantastic.

5. What I have right now actually is Sativa. I'm really active and not tired at all until like 4 hours after smoking.

6. Yeah this can actually be explained quite easily and for once maybe what i learn't in school will actually help. so after smoking for like 2-3 hours or however long you do your brain gets drained from having to process and "use" thc, after smoking your brain stops wanting to process and needs a break from working so hard. Therefore it asks for you to sleep so it can go to work without having to worry about other random shit like walking. Its the same thing as after a work out you body gets tire well so does your brain.

7. #7 wafdof, Aug 19, 2015
    I get tired after I smoke no matter what strain I smoke. My heart rate can pick up right afterwards but soon as it slows down I am ready to relax. The 11 hour nap thing is because you are freaking really tired. I am retired and I can tell you, with no clock to wake me up I sleep 6-8 hours a night and feel great. So I figure that is my "Normal" amount of sleep. Before with working shift work I could sleep 9 or 10 hours and still be dead tired. The first two weeks after I retired I took naps every single day.

Like someone else said, do your workout first. My other advice is only smoke later at night if possible.

8. Man id love to get a hold of whatever you're smoking. I'm an insomniac and some strains can't even knock me out no matter how tired I am. Indicas are definitely for body highs. Try a saliva strain if you want to be at least a little productive.

9. Yeah thats one of the effects it makes your tired, its a depressant. Drink some coffee/ energy drink to counter it. 11 hour nap is pretty crazy, either thats some really strong indica or youre new to smoking, or both lol.
    I agree, after smoking for years, I cant sleep when im lit, even if Im tired. I feel like doing stuff and I feel that its a waste of the high if I knock out.