Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking less, but getting higher

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by debauch, Nov 22, 2005.

1. so i had 5 grams that have to last me til wednesday, when im going home for thanksgiving and getting another 1/4 from my friend at home. today i had 4 grams and ive been smoking little bowls, enough to milk my little RooR once or twice. ive had about 5 of these bowls since 4pm (its 830pm) and im wicked fucked up. i usually smoke fully packed bowls, and would have gone through 3 or 4 by now. im close to as messed up as i get after those huge video sessions.

so yea, anyone else smoke alot everyday and then do just a little one day and get messed up like this?

2. i think youre brain is telling yourself you don't have a lot of bud, i don't know how right that is, but now you learned a valuable lesson...

3. man debauch, i know what you mean. whenever i smoke by myself i usually dont smoke a lot at all. maybe just a small nug in the bub.

also, i seem to get a lot higher in the mornings than at night. every once in a while ill get up at like 7:00 and smoke. sooo high, much more cerebral too.

4. Yeah I agree, me and my ex used to wake and bake and go watch the sun rise at the park down the street. Good times..

5. really makes you feel alive, doesnt it motion?

6. ya true if i need to spread my bud out allot then i smoke a bowl. and when i feel to come down a little smoke a couple hits. brings you right back up. :smoke:

7. Yeah - It kinda sharpens my senses. Just laying there, all chilled out. Feels like a bug cant get past you without you knowing. Great experiences.

8. isnt marijuana such a great thing.

9. dhuka, brilliantly simple, undeniable. +rep for that comment.

10. Yea i saw a thread on the fourm way back in the day that had some tips for getting high, it sounds like you are doing one of the things they described.

1. Smoke your bowl slow and patiently. Make your first hit small, put out the cherry and place your bowl down. After you exhale, simply do something else while you take a few breaths of fresh air. After a few minutes, pick it up and take a slightly larger hit. Wait a little bit longer than last time. Then take an even bigger hit, followed by waiting a longer period of time. Keep working your way up with bigger hits and longer periods of rest. By your 3rd or 4th hit you should be waiting at least 5 FULL minutes between hits. People are always in a rush, but it's a horrible way to smoke. Your lungs absorb more THC per hit if you give them time to rest between hits (cigarette smokers know the same thing with nicotine, you'll want less cigarettes if you smoke them slower). This method allows you to better regulate your high as well, so you don't smoke more than needed. I went from smoking 3-4 bowls a session to smoking maybe a bowl before I'm blazed, and most of the time I won't even finish the bowl. Remember, the more you smoke the higher the tolerence, but with this method you can get just as high while smoking only 25% of your normal dosage. It also prevents cough fits and your weed lasts longer.

2. Work your way up with pieces based on their potential. For example, smoke from a pipe for a few days. Then switch to a larger type of pipe, such as a sherlock or hammer. Then move to a bubbler or steamroller. Finally, finish with the granddaddy of them all: The Holy Bong. Try not to skip any stages, your ultimate goal is to just barely get past your tolerence so it barely goes up while allowing you to still get high. Sure, that bong may look tempting now but those massive hits will shoot your tolerence up quick, then that J you might want later will probably have less than desired effects.

3. Take breaks from smoking. This is a no brainer, but it's not as hard as some make it out to be. Myself, I just never bring any weed home from college during breaks, so those are my times of sobriety. For a regular person all you need to do is take a day off here and there. Smoke for 4 days, take the 5th day off. Then smoke for 3 more days, take the 4th one off. Get it? Taking a one day break after only a few days of smoking works wonders for killing your tolerence.

I forgot where I found that on the fourms though.

11. I find that smoking small bowls throughout the day is better than ripping off a huge bowl (or two) in the morning and trying to stay high after that by smoking more.

12. I deffinetly agree with that cuz from all the times i think iv noticed somtime when i have a little bud i get exeptionally blazed compare to when i have a large amount n just puff gar after gar with the friends

13. haha, thanks DMB

14. nice find bobbert. thanks for the info.

15. but as you probably know that ain't always an option...

16. don't know if this has anything to do w/ your situation, but I had a similar experience today. I slept like 17 hours last night (looong day at work (3am - ~1:30pm, basically got off work, ate lunch, watched the new family guy, then slept until 8am today), plus working all weekend), and this morning smoked a little before class, no more than I would normally smoke (3 bong rips). I am just now coming down (4:30p). So my high lasted about 7 hours today, which I couldn't believe. I was in class all day saying to myself "holy crap I'm still high!" :D

17. its the ripple effect....you smoke a little and you get a little high, chill and the high still goes for a while, and then you smoke some more and you get high off that and you bring your old high up some more, and then you chill i a little more and then smoke some more, and you get your past time highs up along with the 3rd, and so on......the ripple effect :)