Smoking Is Getting Kind Of Boring

Discussion in 'General' started by TheCruz831, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Even after years of use, I could still feel a little bit too high and paranoid, cause I wouldn't be completely in control. Since I got off probation a little over a month ago, my tolerance built so quickly that now, being high is so familiar and limited. Especially after having done some fairly light, more body-oriented unmentionables. I still look forward to getting high and enjoy it a bit but there's times where I smoke several bowls and don't even feel high necessarily, cause I feel so in control of my mind and everything. Of course, this does have some positive effects - for example, I can mentally counteract some unwanted emotions, and even pain sometimes.
    Maybe I just oughtta take a T break. Even a couple days off would do me some good, but I really don't think I have the patience for that. And I know if I keep doing more unmentionables like I have been, my expectations will go up for what really is "high", and pot will become lesser and lesser. Even if I start dabbing it more, that'll become the new standard. I guess I know my path, but advice would still be appreciated, if anything fresh is to be offered. Otherwise, does/has anyone else feel/felt the same way?

"She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"

2. I like when I am able to 'control' my highs. It is during those highs that I am most productive.

3. Mix it up. Smoke with friends now and then.

4. Take it from someone who started the same way, it's a fast a slippery slope my friend. Stick to the green as long as you can or quit.

5. #5 Thejourney318, Jun 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2014
    I've kinda had that feeling for a while, but I still do it and like it basically. Yea, it's just I'm completely in control of my body and mind and it's just not that different from being sober. Idk about you, but t-breaks don't work for me. It's not a physical tolerance thing for me, it's just mentally being so used to being high. I could not smoke for many months, and I would still feel the same on that first time toking up again.

6. To

Long

Didnt

Read

L

O

L

7. If you're getting "too comfortable" with being high you need to break out of your routine.  Find some new trippy music, change your method of usage, smoke in a different setting, etc.

8. Maybe the things you're doing while high are actually the redundancy. 

Also, smoke on an empty stomach or after exercise if you aren't feeling high anymore.

9. Switch up your toking tool.

Toking 5 years daily, never considered a tbreak.

10. I think some people just mentally outgrow it. I for one believe I did. I was smoking just to smoke, it was hardly a change for me. I'm already a super mellow person and almost always in a good mood so I'm basically my own weed all the time.

11. Go do some wax or shatter dabs and report back.

12. I only scanned the replies but it's silly how no one has said stop smoking. Not completely, if you don't like. Try to make smoking pot something sacred;an experience. The best way to do that is to not treat it like a daily staple along with your caffeine and sugar, and smoke it for the purpose of your high being a wonderful occasion.

13. it honestly sounds like you need to just slow down on them don't gotta be gettin high all the time on that note plan for events like say go camping hold off on smoking and doing unmentionables till then

i have actually been feeling the same recently but i have collage coming up in just a few weeks so im hoping that will help for me

14. Exactly
    Ya maybe I gotta do somethin new, there just doesn't seem to be much else I can do. I play guitar, surf, bike, listen to music, and all. And I smoke, that's a hobby of mine - I go for bike rides and get high and listen to music while I watch the waves. I'll think of somethin else.

"She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"

15. Lay off the unmentionables, man. They are the road to nowhere and nothingness. 

I don't mean to sound judgmental or preachy just offering my $0.02, but it sounds like you've got bigger issues in your life than smoking becoming 'boring'. there's a reason everyone gets high and I don't know what yours is, but when you find yourself trying to curb your appetite for one substance with another one things get dark fast. you said yourself don't feel high because you're 'still in control of your mind', which leads me to believe that the high you are chasing is one where you aren't in control of your mind. which sounds like you're trying to snuff out some feeling or thought or emotion with drugs. you also said that even taking a few day break is difficult for you, again not a good thing. 

I can totally relate to the concept of 'standards'.... I have close to no ability to moderate my consumption. so like if I normally smoke one bowl then one day I decide to smoke 2, I have raised the standard to smoking 2 bowls in a session and will do that from then on out..then throw in some alcohol and now everytime I smoke a bowl I'll expect a few beers with it...I too have an affinity for those unmentionables that slow your heart rate wayy down, but I also love the ones that speed it way back up, so I started mixing those two with my pot n alcohol. I too had difficulty taking even day long breaks, so I was consuming this cocktail daily for years. By the end it fucking sucks, really bad. And after all that, the issues that you were trying to snuff out are still alive and well. 

I'm just rambling now but I hope I made some sense

you could also just try doing something new when you get high. go do some weird hobby or go somewhere cool or read something new. I dunno. 

16. sounds like you're an addict that just wants to get high...watch out for those pills

17. Smoke in new places, do new things while smoking oooor just take a t-break. Limit yourself to weekends. Put the excitement back into it. I've noticed when I smoked in a place I've never smoked in before I get way higher.

18. I quit fur 2 weeks and trust me it feels so good, I blazed again one night and wow, it was like the same feeling as it use to be when I started blazing. So high and everything was just an amazing feeling, so good that I want to start again...

Sent from Divineknightsclan.com under a tree.

19. I can relate, in a way. There were a few nights where I partied hard. Weed, booze, K, and X; and when I would just smoke weed it was like "Meh". At the same time, I started to realize this is no good for me, so I took a few month 'everything' break.

I've recently come back to smokin, and I'm enjoying it again. It's not the same mind destroying high I used to get, but not feeling like I'm killing myself is worth it.

20. Your doing it wrong