Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking inside of house

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MrCleanKicks, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Long story short family went out of town, I couldnt go because I have work. They will be gone until Monday. If i were to take a few bowl hits in the living room for example do you think the smell of smoke period would mask the house for a prolonged time? I have febreeze and shit, just curious. Ive never smoked in my house before either. And Im smoking some pretty dank stuff called skunk kush so its pretty loud. Any tips would be appreciated. :smoke:

2. The house will be fine by monday, don't worry bro

3. :p open a window and you will be fine.

4. yea weed smell goes away in like an hour or 2

5. you have nothing to worry about- just leave windows open- you will notice even after only a hour most of the smell is gone

6. Stop smoking days before they get home and have windowS open all the time

7. I smoked immediately after the first response lol. I just need some reassurance. Im high as Im typing lol. Thanks GC! :smoke:

8. You're golden. It only takes about an hour or two for the smell to go away. Febreze makes it even quicker.

9. Just use air-fresheners, the smell will go away in 8 hours

10. your fine, my family is gone all week and ive been smoking and i havent smelled anything, then again it was in my room with intense, and febreeze happy token

11. #11 Iluvatar, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
    You could hot box your living room and it would probably smell fine the next day even..just open the window so there is airflow afterward. On the day they return, just spray some febreeze around a bit just in case

I've never heard of weed smoke making a lasting smell unless you're burning joint paper, thats one reason cigs smell horrible inside a house

Have fun man

12. You guys better be careful smoking in the house because you usually can't smell it if you're the one smoking. Once you inhale it, it seems like it cancels out your body's ability to smell it on yourself, so I normally can't even detect it.

I was using my Vapor Genie in my car a few weeks ago and my friend told me he could smell it. I think that was about an hour after I used it, so apparently the smell lingers for a little while, even with vapor, but I couldn't even smell it. When I'm at home I usually use it in the garage or the backyard.

13. Install a window fan, turn to exhaust, enjoy without worrying, then about 8 hours before, turn the fan off, spray the whole thing with air freshener, and put it on intake, and enjoy.

14. Febreeze doesn't do shit except make the place smell like febreeze and weed. Ozium is the only thing I've found that works well; it's damn expensive but a little goes a long way. You can get it online and some headshops and auto parts stores.

Regardless pot smoke usually dissipates pretty quick but the guy above me has a very good point about the smell being a lot more obvious to a non-smoker than someone who has recently saturated themselves in it.

15. burn something in the oven. seriously. youll look like an idiot, but the house will not smell like weed

16. I hotbox my closet all the time. I just put some clothes underneath the door crack and the smell doesn't get out.

17. THIS!!!! :D

Works for me all the time! Also pop some popcorn on the stove and spread the aroma of freshly popped popcorn. *Shit. I'm super high.*

18. Don't bring back 2 day old threads.

19. [quote name='"Necstar"']

Don't bring back 2 day old threads.[/quote]

What's wrong with doing that? It's not like it's months or years old.

20. I smoke in my bathroom when my parents are home and they cant smell anything. Your parents are gone for that long, you lucky mother fucker! The smell will definitely be gone, dont worry about that. All you have to worry about is making sure you dont leave any little weed crumbs or ash anywhere in your house, that could get you busted. Smoke on! :smoke: :D