Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking in your room without being caught, a guide.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JR-S61W, Dec 9, 2013.

1. #1 JR-S61W, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
    I'm sure there are a few threads on this, but I feel the need to share my hopefully helpful hints. 

(If you don't want to read a pointless story skip the next paragraph)  :smoke:

Now, smoking in your parents home is something you should usually try to avoid out of fairness to them. Alas, as the nights get colder you might find yourself not wanting to brave the bitterness. Usually, in the warmer seasons, I go on a ride or a walk and smoke somewhere pleasant, like a park, or I enjoy a cigarette and a bowl in my garage and listen to music. My parents sometimes know but don't mind, as long as I'm outside, and I guess my garage qualifies. Other times, right outside my window at night (I live on the first floor, thank christ). However, because of the cold AND the snow that has just fallen, I can't jump out my window like I usually do because I will leave some weird footprints that only are around my window.

So, I'll smoke in my room sometimes. I'll tell you what I think the key is:    AIRFLOW

This is true with grow rooms also.

Have a WINDOW FAN (pictured) that can be set on exhaust. Cover any exposed areas around the fan to make sure that ALL the air being pulled into your room  is coming from under your door. You can check this with your lighter, it should be fighting to stay lit with the air coming into your room. (The one pictured is covering one fan because that one doesn't work. If it wasn't covered it would pull air through that one creating a little circular airflow.)

NEXT: Have a sploof. You've heard that one before, and it works. I used to have a cool one made out of a bicycle tube, so it was aluminum and seemed pretty cool. I lost it and replaced it with the coke bottle one, pictured. Although the bike tube was cool, the coke bottle worked just as well. Cut the bottom out and fill it with dryer sheets. That simple.

NEXT: Have a quarter to cover the cherry of your bowl.

Done. 

Just exhale the smoke through the sploof straight into the fan. I usually exhale thought the sploof, breathe in, the exhale again through the sploof. Sometimes 3 or 4 times if it was a huge hit. 

:bongin:

Leave the bowl near the window fan. Have a sound machine and/or music playing to cover up the noise of the fan. 

It has yet to fail for me, even with my parents still up and about on the first floor, where my room is. Candles and incense wouldn't hurt, if you use them regularly. I don't so it would seem a bit weird. I never use fabreeze or anything, but again, if you use it normally then it couldn't hurt. 

Fairly straightforward, yeah? My logic behind this is that the smell of the smoke cannot pass through my door leading into the rest of the house because the fan pulling air in from it. If I had my fan on "intake" it would send the smoke into my room and out under my door.

I'm even doing it in winter when the temp is 24 degrees F... as long as you properly cover the rest of the fan to make sure no air is being sucked in from your window, cold air should stay out. Leave the fan running for as long as you think, a few minutes after you smoke should be fine.  :hello:

Everyone follow? 

Happy Toking    :smoking:

Attached Files:

2. how to smoke in your room without getting caught :

1. don't live at home with mommy n daddy

I never saw this response coming from someone!

Well then, I'll clarify, this is for the "18 year olds" that are seniors in high school and are stuck at home for another year. 

Happy?

4. #4 Tokewithscience, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
    This is what gets on my nerves a lot, people always shaming other members for living at home, or acting underage, or asking stupid questions etc. Last time I checked, this was the apprentice tokers forum, and somtimes kids in high-school come here to get more information and we as a community should be supportive! They're getting their heads stuffed full of misinformation every day and they know it so we should either post something helpful OR don't hang around in the apprentice tokers forum!That being said, guess what? The economy is totally and royally fucked. I know 24-25 year olds with wives and degrees from good schools who need to move back in with their parents... it happens!! And they know it sucks so before you judge people why don't you think about this stuff and either add something constructive or gtfo. Fuck.Sent from my VS980 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Cool spoon

6. your mom's a spoon

7. My dad couldn't give a fuck if I smoke inside but he doesn't like the smell (fucking wierdo) so I just blow the smoke out my window with a towel under the door and he said he can never smell it in the mornings and this is stinky cheese usually.

Just keep the doobie out the window.

8. Really good guide. Only two things I could add are I would use a bong or scientific bubbler and just take snaps from it that way the bowl never cherries. Also I would put a towel under the door and if you have a microwave in your room microwave something likes hot pocket or something else that smells a lot and it will pretty much get rid of all weed smell.

9. #9 Yoda, Dec 9, 2013

yep..and odds are pretty good that someone in that position isn't going to risk their roof to smoke in someones house that doesn't want it.

Doesn't matter if your 18 or 24 man the fuck up and talk to them as a adult , respect their rules..
    or get the fuck out.. pretty easy to understand right.

Most folks have enough respect for someone else's house that they work hard for to follow the rules..

10. #10 TheAnswer121, Dec 9, 2013
    none of this has to do with following the rules. if they don't want you to smoke, then just don't do it. take a fucking walk and toke :bongin:

and OP clearly expressed they don't care, just not in the house. just too damn lazy. for shame

11. Whoa. Guys. Just trying to help a few people out. Yes I usually take my tokes outside. In fact I usually prefer it. Sometimes I don't want to, because it is very cold. They never know, no one gets hurt, everyone is happy.

Jesus Christ

12. #12 DayJaVu, Dec 10, 2013

The government doesn't want you to smoke either.
    Your landlord probably doesn't either.
    Either do your neighbors in front of their house.
    Also, I'm pretty sure tons of people don't want the smell lingering around outside.
    Most employers are against it as well.

Do you listen? Nope. Hypocrite.

EVERYONE has at least at one point had to stealth toke indoors for one reason or another. EVERYONE. To be all arrogant because you don't have to makes you look like a snob.

You realize going outside for a walk isn't always viable, right? You realize that in many areas there are no places to walk around privately, right? Yep, I'm going for a walk at midnight in the middle of Chicago. 'Cause, I love to get mugged or arrested.

13. #13 kushenthusiast, Dec 10, 2013
    I just sneak out my window and smoke on my roof. Its a little slippery with the snow