Smoking in the front of your house

Discussion in 'General' started by iamsomebody1, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Hey Grasscity, I had an incident earlier where I was smoking in the front of the house and then I seen two cop cars driving down my block so I ran in the house and stashed all my goods in my ceiling. Anyway turns out they came for someone else and it was all cool. I was just wondering if they did knock on my door would I have the right to deny their search? Thanks alot... such a bullshit world where you can't smoke such a harmless herb in peace.

2. They need a warrant, I'm pretty sure.

3. Yea they need a warrant but who knows in this day and age.

4. "Can we search your home?"

"Do you have a warrant? No? Then GTFO!"

5. Sounds like you're a little high/paranoid. :smoke:

I wouldn't worry bro. Don't make that a daily habit though. My neighbor smoked jacks and weed, drank beer etc at the front of his house, near the street. A few months later the police came for him. They DID in fact raid.

If you want to smoke, do it in your bathroom or back yard for gods sake! As I said, one time smoking isn't a big deal. Don't make it a pattern though.

6. I smoke on my balcony, cops can't do much unless someone called it in.

7. I smoke out of my spoon on my front porch every once in awhile for a little excitement. A cop not that long ago turned onto my street while blazing and I just held it in my hands cuffed, nbd.

8. they need what you call "probable cause"
    depending on your state yelling out "OH FUCK OH FUCK ITS THE CRACKERS." and dashing inside may or may not qualify

9. Im fairly certain (in canada at least) the most they can do is ask you to go inside, so neighbors and kids wont see/smell it.

Fair enough in my eyes, if im blazing outside my house its in the garage not the front, so i doubt anybody would even notice.

If theyres any scales, or excessive baggies out in the open it could be probable cause, but i really dont know.

10. If you have to smoke outside smoke somewhere you would be able to not be seen but still see what's going on around so if there's fucking cops out front or some shit you won't be sitting tree like a dumbass smokin up a storm as a cop walks up. Idk where a good spot for you may be, buy I've smoked behind my shed plenty of times and had no problems

11. No, they would not need a warrant. They would search your house with or without your consent.

They would smell the weed, and they would have probable cause to suspect that a crime had been committed.

Guaranteed. 100%. Anyone who doesn't believe me? Test it out. I dare you. Then come back here and complain about the cops abusing their authority.

12. I always sit in front of my house smoking my bong and wave to all my neighbours, they can't do nothing if your on your property and not growing.

13. If they saw you smoking. Then yea they could go in your house. They don't need a warrant if they just saw you doing something illegal.

But as far as them searching your house idk. I don't think they can really tear shit up without a warrant. But if you got a pound on the table then yea your going to jail.

But stop being so para man. Its your fucking house. I used to sit in front of my house and blow blunts when i was in highschool. Cops don't give a fuck if you smoke weed. They will only fuck with you if you are on someone elses property.

14. Bullshit.

They can. There are several exceptions to the requirements to obtain search warrants.

I don't like it any more than you guys do, I just want to make sure you aren't sitting there thinking they can't touch you, when suddenly your life gets turned upside down just for enjoying a blunt on your porch.

15. Here in canada I had a cop come up to my while I was smoking a joint, asked me to put it out. So I threw it on the ground waited till he walked away. Picked it up and lit again.

P.S. It was a long joint, you really can't expect me to waste all that. Like -_-

16. Uh, just don't answer the door? They can't enter a locked house anyways, unless they got warrants :devious:

17. Lol. I'm pretty sure if they have probably cause they will kick in your door.

18. [quote name='"Fëanor"']No, they would not need a warrant. They would search your house with or without your consent.

They would smell the weed, and they would have probable cause to suspect that a crime had been committed.

Guaranteed. 100%. Anyone who doesn't believe me? Test it out. I dare you. Then come back here and complain about the cops abusing their authority.[/quote]

Misinformation. Here in MA, the smell of marijuana is no longer grounds for searching a car, let alone a house. Best law to be passed since decriminalization ;)

19. Cops: "Sir, we smell a strong odor of marijuana, we'd like to search the premises..?"
    Me: "Hmm. Must be one of the neighbors, Occifer, why don't you go ask to search Their premises ;D"
    Cops: "Are you trying to get smart with us, obstruction of justice?"
    Me: "Nah man, I'm jus saying if you would like to go around my neighborhood from door to door asking if anyone has been smoking marijuana and see how far that gets you, then be my guest. No no no, I meant Be OUR guest, you're in OUR hood, so uh bang bang uh skeet skeet ***** *waves hands in a move along gesture*

^^^^^^^and THAT'S how you handle that! :D :D :D :smoke:

20. Give the cop a roadhouse if they come to your door