Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking in the cold = less high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RVD420RVD, Jan 21, 2012.

1. #1 RVD420RVD, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
    I've heard people say that, I really want to blaze a bowl outside and just chill and look at the stars, but it's cold as balls out.

Edit: do you guys get the full high when you walk in and get warm?

2. Yeah, I've noticed when I go out side high when it's cold out, I don't feel as high, but when you warm back up inside you start to feel it again, at least for me.

3. I was standing outside with no shoes smoking a joint...needless to say I ended up staring at the moon for 5 minutes and when I tryed to walk I tripped over my left leg ._.

4. if its too cold your mind can't ignore the bare cold while your high, its more of a buzz-kill than being ''less high''

solution: wear a jacket and some phat pants. maybe a glove or a nice hat ;)

:smoking:

5. it wont hit you til u walk in to the warmth of inside. you'll feel it a lil then when u get inside it really hits ya.
    i mean- you just smoked, its not like being in the cold made all of the thc in ur weed not have any effect, you jus are focused on how cold u are and certain parts of ur body like damn my hands are cold or damn my nose/ears cold so ur distracted from ur high

6. Solution: live in the tropics.

12 months of June and what not in Hawaii xD

7. I don't find it ruins makes you less high...

i find its nicer and makes it all warm and fuzzy....but i think it does kill it a little faster since your body is working harder to keep yourself warm =o

8. i live in the midwest and its cold for almost 3/4 of the year.. and i can def say that smoking when its cold sucks.. u never really feel the same sort of high and it wears off quick as hell

9. I've noticed this as well (also in the midwest). This winter I've been stealth smoking indoors mostly, for this exact reason. That or take a one-hitter and some ground herb on a cruise in a heated car. Mmmmm toasty :)

I'm in cali the rest of the year though, and it'll probably start warming up soon after I get there!

10. You also trip less in the cold

11. i live in the midwest too, when i smoke outside i get kinda high, but when i get back inside then the high really hits me. so basically im just stealth toking inside for now.

12. yea I could agree to that. Being cold sucks.

13. Werd I just took a toke outside and I agree the high is a bit weak.

14. When I'm high in the cold, I feel as if its about 30 degrees colder than it would feel if I was sober, which makes the high a lot worse until I get inside.

15. Dude yes! I live in Scotland, so for about 8 months of the year I cannot get stoned and be outside for a decent amount of time! Usually I go out back smoke a joint and dart back inside and turn the heating up. I hate being cold when I smoke.

Fuck you, Scotland.
    Peace.

16. And the joints Rez up like a MoFo

The answer lies in blood vessel constriction, when it's cold the blood doesn't flow as it does when your warm

17. I noticed the cold sobers me up almost instantly too.

18. The high is just less enjoyable because you are cold which makes you feel less high.

19. Now here's a question: would the heat amplify your high?

20. Enough heat to cause dehydration sure could enhance