Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking in my Room Without Smell

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Technicolour, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Hey, guys.

I'm currently attending a local university and staying at home in order to save some cash before I move away. I've been trying to think of a way to smoke in my room without any smell and without having to use a sploof and deal with the muskiness they bring. My parents kind of put a blind eye to my smoking, but I'm not sure how they'd react to it being smoked in their house. For this reason, I'm always wary.

Anyway, in my room there is this type of window, except rotated so that it's vertical. http://www.diystart.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/PVC_Sliding_Window.jpg

I opened the window by a few centimeters and sealed up the open gap with electrical tape. After that, I poked a hole big enough for a large straw to go through. I then made a seal around the straw with another piece of tape to ensure it was airtight. My plan is to take small one hits and exhale them through the straw without losing any smoke. Thoughts? I'm currently waiting for my parents to fall asleep (~1 hour), so I will post with results.

2. Go smoke outside

3. if they turn the blind eye, then i would just go outside out of respect.

They are asleep so just set outside. They will be more angry if you stink up the house.

4. #4 Technicolour, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
    Where I live, it's commonly -15 degrees Celsius or less at night. I could go outside, but it's very unpleasant and windy to the point where I can hardly get my bic to spark.

EDIT: I should also note that I've been smoking in my room for about a year now with a sploof; however, I'm getting sick of using one. Looking for a more convenient method.

5. do you have a car?

6. Access to one, yes, but it's not my own. My mother uses it as well, so I'd never smoke inside of it. Cars tend to reek for ages if not properly ventilated.

What I meant when I said that they turn a blind eye to it is they aren't really accepting of it, but I attend school with excellent grades and also hold down a job and relationship. They get that there's not really a whole lot they can say.

7. Vaporize or make edibles.

8. I don't mind vaporizing, but I do prefer my bong. Also, I find edibles to be far too costly unless it's a special occasion.

9. i just purchased a bong attachment for my vaporizer.

10. I've heard of vaporizer attachments for bongs, but not bong attachments for vaporizers. Care to explain?

11. That is. Ridiculous? Why not just use a sploof? I live with my parents (who are absolutely not ok at all with smoking) and i smoke in my room daily using a sploof. Your room will smell different (but not like weed) for about fifteen minutes and then it goes away completely.
    Are you using the toilet paper tube kind? Because those are pretty mediocre. If you decide to try a sploof, take a gatorade bottle, cut the bottom off, put two dryer sheets over the end, tie them down with a hair tie or rubber band and then tape up the edges for an air tight seal. Then stuff a few more sheets into the main chamber, and there will be no smell at all.

12. Trust me, man, I know how to make and use sploofs effectively. After a while of heavy use, however, the muskiness that they leave behind starts to stick and I have a strong disliking towards it. Since it's generally cold here, it's hard for me to ventilate my room properly without freezing my ass off.

13. [quote name='"Technicolour"']

I don't mind vaporizing, but I do prefer my bong. Also, I find edibles to be far too costly unless it's a special occasion.[/quote]

Yeah sound like it would work. Just pack snaps and follow through with a little lysol just for safe measure

14. THAT is what i did not think about. Sorry, i live in a pretty temperate part of Virginia (it's cold as shit right now though) and having the windows open is never a problem for me.

15. Yeah, I'd be good to go if could always have my windows open. Just tried this method with 3 layers of tape (one covering the hole, then a strip running parallel on top and bottom to seal the sides). Unfortunately, it did not completely keep the smell out; however, it did reduce it substantially.

16. This is a your best bet. Just vaporize indoors if the people you live with aren't cool with you smoking.

17. I dunno man. I'd keep using the sploof and spray something afterwards so it doesn't smell shitty as you say it is. Better to be safe than sorry.

18. Bahahahaha xD that's a lot of work bro. Just open the window and blow the smoke outside.

You'll be fine :smoke:

19. Yeah, it's back to the sploof and light air freshener to cover it. I really need to pick up some activated carbon. Right now I'm using alternating layers of processed cotton and dryer sheets. The cotton absorbs while the dryer sheets help with the scent. I exhale through it slowly and downward, usually works pretty well.

20. This x10000. I use an Arizer Solo, a scented candle and a can of Ozium as backup just in case the Cheese starts getting a little crazy. Smells like a New Zealand waterfall in my room. :cool: