Smoking in growing room

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stevuz, Jan 22, 2012.

1. So if I have a plant growing in my bedroom and I occasionally smoke in that room will this considerable great harm to the plant?
    I keep the window open frequently especially when I smoke, but I don't wish to ruin it with something like this...

Note that the only possible place I can smoke is in the same room...

2. Definitely not recommended. Your plant will probably be ok if it's well ventilated...do you have a HEPA filter or anything?

3. No the plant isn't in a chamber or anything its right in the middle of the room with lights surrounding it so smoke can have direct contact with it, but since I'm airing the room there won't be any highly concentrative smoke in contact...
    Can this small amount still have a visible effect?

4. #4 MrMatrix, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
    Cigarette smoke will settle on the leaves and clog the plants stomata. This will hinder the plants ability to "breathe" and hinder growth. Enough smoke might possibly lead to the plant's untimely death. The contaminants in smoke can also get into the soil and affect the plant's ability to absorb nutrients.

Depending on the room size, ventilation, how much smoke there is etc. your plant is most likely going to be affected, even if only slightly, by having smoke in the air regularly.

It's probably alright during veg but I wouldn't smoke in there during flowering. All those sticky trichs are gonna grab on to whatever horrible crap is floating around in the air.

5. Look at the wall of a room that's smoked in all the time...you want that yellow shit on your plant? Don't get me wrong I'm a smoker..I sit in the bathroom and smoke so I don't stank up the whole house..not that it'll kill your plant a smoke a day, but multiple smokes a day will dirty the fuck out of em..I used to always blaze up in the room but now I feel like I'd be clogging up my filter with garbage smoke

6. Get a vape problem solved...

7. Im sure it will be fine if your not hot boxing it out. I burn a joint in my flower room all the time, although it is very vented so im sure its all sucked right out. I just wouldnt get any tobacco smoke near it.

8. Thanks for the info guys, I will consider all your statements and see what I can do

9. My room changes air every few minutes, I smoke.