Smoking in dorm rooms!

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by thislove, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Does anyone know how I can keep smoking when I go off to college?
    any ideas? I really dont wanna get caught but i really dont wanna quit either!!
    thanks in advance guys!! :)

2. get a vape and you won't have a problem

3. won't it smell tho??

4. a sploof thingy, i forget what its called but its the paper towel thing, with like tissue and stuff in it, and you blow the smoke in there

5. Don't live in a dorm first off. Get an apartment. I assume you like being able to drive?

6. soo not worth it. although i wasnt smoking in my room i was caught with drugs and might be getting kicked out of school. just dont do it

7. no,, sadly i wont have my car the first yr! :(

8. Yeah dude trust me, get an apartment close by.

9. An apartment is definitely the way to go. Your next best solution is taking a walk when you smoke.

If you are still set on smoking IN your dorm room, then . . .

I always sprayed febreeze inside and out of my room. Then, stuffed a towel under my door and sprayed febreeze around the door frame. Finally, puff away and febreeze when you are done.

It helps when you know that only 420-friendly people will be around when you smoke.

10. just smoke in the car before go in, i wouldnt risk smoking in the dorm

11. well...i enjoy smoking in my shower. I put a towel under the door turn on the fan and run the shower on COLD water. Then smoke and blow into the fan. When im done tokin i turn up the HEAT and take an amazing hot wet sexy steamy shower. When your done theres no smell!

12. does is smell at all after that? or jus a lil?

13. I just got done with my freshman year of college and I lived in a dorm and smoked at least 3+ times daily in my dorm room.

The key is the smell, always drop a towel under your door before you do anything, make sure you blow your smoke out of the window and only use bowls or a vape if you have one...joints and blunts have the runoff and bongs and gbs just is too much smoke that could be exhaled in the room. I also had a big fan that i would turn around and face outside the window that helped with the smell alot too. Always follow with febreze in the room and you should be set, be careful smoking really dank bud though the smell always seems to find a way out into the hallways and alot of RAs are dicks at least for me they were

But its not like you have to smoke in your dorm, if you have a car go drive somewhere and if not you will find smoking places within walking distances im sure, hope this helped man

14. Don't do it. It's really not worth possibly getting kicked out of school.
    Just go outside, a friend's place, or just don't smoke for the time being.

15. #15 leangreenmachin, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2010

So you're going in as a freshman and you have to live in the first-year dorms? I just lived a year like this at a university and don't worry, I was able to smoke as many times a day as I wanted. Of course everything depends on the university and the proctors you have to deal with. Based on what I've seen from my experience with just one liberal arts college in the east coast, here are some tips that may be helpful:

First, I don't recommend smoking in your room. The first few weeks I would smoke everyday in my room and every few days a RA would come by to tell me not to do it anymore so obviously. But they never really got on my case because I never set off any smoke detectors (if you smoke indoors, put a swimming cap over the detector or get creative and use a bag and rubber band to make sure you don't set off any alarms). Be careful about smoking indoors though! Even with damp towels stuffed under the door, people STILL could smell it. I love to smoke dank shit and even with towels and fans and the windows open (there was still a screen), EVERY floor above me could smell the righteous chronic through the carpetted floor. But for a quick smoke, go to a bathroom on a different floor of your dorm that has a proctor of the opposite sex. Windows can be opened wider, without getting caught by someone looking in from the outside but so that more of the smell can escape. Use the toilet as an ashtray and just dispose of the evidence before you leave :smoke: I never once got busted while I was in the bathroom and nobody has ever busted me for stinking up a bathroom on a different floor.

If you like the outdoors, you should explore your campus and town for good spots. There will be a few good places you'll be able to scope out. My favorite places to smoke were usually not indoors (since I like to burn not vape), but on campus. Besides, when you meet fellow smokers at college it'll be nice to have a nice, outdoor spot you can all enjoy a little of the miracle of nature.

But mainly just sit back and enjoy the summer cuz your first year's gonna have plenty of smoking in it :D

16. hey thanks for the advicee. ill keep that in mind! :)

17. Don't mention it! Whatever I can do to help a fellow smoker :)

18. You have legs right?

You can like, walk outside, and find blazing spots.

That's all we did freshman year.

I kept all my stuff in an eyeglass case, never had any issues.

19. I took a walk each time I wanted to smoke for my entire college career (about a mile each time), pretty good exercise

20. Yeah, and you get to explore for cool places around your campus. I'd recommend checking out any local parks too. We had 24/7 dining hall access freshman year, so we mostly went there. And played frisbee at random little nature spots. :D

Idk I've always been an outside/walk smoker. It's like a little adventure every time. Something strange always happens. But make sure you do it at night, or in very unpopulated areas..